Power 90 plyo legs

fitmomofone

Cathlete
Hi! I'm thinking of ordering Power 90 plyo legs or possibly one of their other follow up dvd's to the Power 90 series....just a little change from Cathe when I need it! Anyway, just wondering if any of you have tried these, and if so, do you like them? Thanks...oh, and I got my new Turbo Jam dvd's. They are pretty good...they came with the kickboxing gloves which I could not seem to find anywhere except online. Those 1 1/2 lbs on each hand really make a difference! the moves are faster, and routines a bit different. There is some learning curve, so I need to practice a bit to get a little better.

Janet

Thanks Catherine. I just ordered 2 of the 30 minute workouts because I received an order for $3.99 each for the dvd's. I figured that you can't beat that price! Maybe I'll order plyolegs too the next time.

That is a good price. And 30 min workouts are good to have too. Some days and hour is just TOO much!!

Catherine

Hi, Janet!

I have all the P90 Masters, but just started using them Sunday.
I did Sculpt 5-6 (love it!) and Cardio 5-6 (like it, but I'm not sure it would be enough as a stand-alone--I did S 5-6 and an hour later, C 5-6 and that worked out great).

Plyo Legs is on the schedule for today (unless I change my mind by the time my workout rolls around). I plan to use it along with some heavy squats on my Rockit (I'm doing a "butt building" rotation!).

I really enjoy Tony, and I find especially his weight workouts and his brand of plyos to be very effective as well as time efficient.

I've never done Power 90 (doesn't appeal to me from what I've read), but I've done P90X before, and these are a notch down from that, but they are still a good challenge. For me, Sculpt 5-6 is almost as intense as P90X, and I put longer breaks between the moves because he doesn't have the nice "write down your weight" breaks that he does in P90X.

I just did a month's rotation of P90 Masters. I lifted really heavy on the sculpt tape and got really sore. It's a good workout. I tend to agree with Kathryn though. I did add some stuff on if I had time. I sometimes repeated segments to make the cardio longer, etc. I added on cardio to the weight days, etc. I like these a lot cuz when you feel like you can't push it as hard one day, it's easy to modify down ....or for that matter, up! I loved the rotation. I listened to my own music. I plan on doing another rotation soon. The only reason I quit early is because my Amy Bento's came in.

I love Plyo Legs. Very intense and a good leg workout. He doesn't use any weights, just intense plyo-type moves. I always feel it in my legs the next day. It's probably my favorite of all the Masters Series workouts.

To me it is a plyox jr.I consider it a cardio workout .you do a plyo movement and then some sort of lower body exercise.I really love the masters series ,power 90 and p90x they are all great workouts.

I did Plyo Legs yesterday. I really like it! It's got some moves from P90X Plyo mixed with some moves from P90X Legs and Back, and maybe some new moves as well.

I can't tell how effective it is on its own (except for the sweating!), because I went between 4-5 PL moves and squat/leg presses on my Rockit (I got up to 250 lbs.--my highest so far, I think) and threw in one set of deadlifts just for a bit of extra glute/ham work.

>I did Plyo Legs yesterday. I really like it! It's got some
>moves from P90X Plyo mixed with some moves from P90X Legs and
>Back, and maybe some new moves as well.
>
>I can't tell how effective it is on its own (except for the
>sweating!), because I went between 4-5 PL moves and squat/leg
>presses on my Rockit (I got up to 250 lbs.--my highest so far,
>I think) and threw in one set of deadlifts just for a bit of
>extra glute/ham work.

WOW Kathryn :eek: :eek: I so need to work my lower body harder. I love to push my self on upper, but not lower???? How long is plyo leg BTW??

Catherine

Thanks so much for the info ladies...for the price, I was thinking that maybe I would order the entire series. I was always intrigued by Power 90...I don't know if I could do the P90X...it looks a little extreme for me. What is a "rockit" if I may ask? I need a lot of lower body work...not so much my butt which isn't big, but I have big legs (always have) and extra fat on my hips which I just can't get rid of. I was hoping that these workouts would sculpt my legs a bit...who is Amy Bento? I've never heard of her? And what is this book, BFFM? Any of you know?

Kathryn, thanks!!! Looks awesome, but right now I don't have the room for it, or the money!!! Do you know what this BFFM book is?

>Kathryn, thanks!!! Looks awesome, but right now I don't
>have the room for it, or the money!!! Do you know what this
>BFFM book is?

It's an online book called "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle."

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.