Popping Shoulder/Chest

beth6395

Cathlete
Ok I started a new rotation today the am workout is One body part I did Chest so slow&Heavy warm up and chest Power Hour Chest. Pm Yoga of choice.

Ok here's the question while I was doing flies my right shoulder kept popping and it is only when I do flies can someone here tell me why? Now that my workout is done my arms are fried I could barely lift them to wash my hair. Why? I can't imagine I am doing them wrong I followed all Cathe's pointers and I have a mirror that I can see and it seemed all right. Do you feel it more in your arms is it just from holding the weights?

beth6395

"Double Knot your laces and let's move on"
-Cathe Friedrich

I have popping and funny "clicks" in my shoulders too.

One of the weight moves that gets me is the lying pull over with a BBell. I have to adjust or my shoulder just won't come back up.

And downward dog causes all kinds of funny noises in both my shoulders.

I'm 50 now and have played volleyball since high school (though am pretty much finally tapering off at this point). I am wondering myself if it was the overhand moves when serving, spiking and blocking which are unnatural to a shoulder movement.

I will be seeing a doctor soon for a checkup and though she is a general practitioner - she also does industrial medicine so am planning on seeing what she says.

Am curious what others will add to this post.

I don't have popping in my shoulders, but my hips pop when I extend them all the way. It doesn't hurt at all, but it is a bit unnerving to hear your joints make noises like that. But since it doesn't hurt I haven't asked my doctor about it. It will be intersting to hear what your GP says..

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.