Podfitness vs. Itrain

WantFit

Cathlete
After I saw ladies in this site posted www.itrain.com, I purchased itread. I really enjoyed it. It kept me motivated and made the running session seemed less boring.

I tried to explore more of workout using mp3 player. My house does not have a good insulation. The only time I can do workout is early in the moring. Ipod/mp3 player is the best thing I can hear sounds without disturbing my DB and my kids.

For those who had experience with these two programs, could you give me some feedback about these two programs

www.podfitness.com
www.itrain.com

How do you use it and which one your prefer?

Thanks

WantFit

"Become the change you want to see in the world. Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Mahatma Gandhi

I use itrain...mostly the iclimb. I use these at the gym. I never heard of podfitness, but am looking at that site even as I write this and am intrigued! Have to check into this a bit more.

It looks like with podfitness that they create a workout to your own music...I REALLY like that option!

ETA: (again!) I would probably totally do the podfittness except for the cost: alomot $60/3months. I would love it if I could do a pay-as-you-go type thing. Who knows, maybe I'll try their free trial...

Thanks for your reply.

After read your reply, I did register for the 30 day trial. It does look great.

You enter your profile and goal, then it suggests trainers for you. You can choose one. Then it will create a workout program for you. Then you choose your music, it will mix the music with your trainer's workout plan. I tried to listen to the instructions. It seems followable.

I totally agree with you - everything is good except price.

>I use itrain...mostly the iclimb. I use these at the gym. I
>never heard of podfitness, but am looking at that site even as
>I write this and am intrigued! Have to check into this a bit
>more.
>
>It looks like with podfitness that they create a workout to
>your own music...I REALLY like that option!
>
>ETA: (again!) I would probably totally do the podfittness
>except for the cost: alomot $60/3months. I would love it if I
>could do a pay-as-you-go type thing. Who knows, maybe I'll
>try their free trial...

WantFit

"Become the change you want to see in the world. Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Mahatma Gandhi

I can't tell y'all how many times I've been tempted by Podfitness but ITA that it's too expensive. I also ALMOST did the free trial but the cost is STILL too expensive so I didn't bother. I didn't want to like them. LOL

I'll be interested to know what you ladies think of it though!:)

After you enter your personal profile, (like your weight, your height, your fitness level, what activities you normal like to do, and how many days you workout per week, how long your workout is, etc. and your goal), the system will generate a list of personal trainers for you to choose. In the list, it will show what areas are their expertise, such as running, weight lifting or yoga. It also gives you each personal trainer profile for you to review. Then you choose one you like. Then the system will generate a workout schedule for you. It will give you the length of workout, how many calaries this workout would burn. It also comes with pdf printout workout details for you to track. Then it will ask you to choose the music. You have to save your music either in Itune or zune. Then it will mix your music with your personal trainer instruction voice. The voice tells you what workout to do, how many couts for each workout and count for you. Before I was afraid I could not follow the instruction especially the posture. But it really did a good job there. It explained it quite details.

Then after you did your workout, you can go back and tell your personal trainer what you like and not like. It will generate another improved one for you. It is kind of nice and neat. But for sure, it is expensive for me. I will cancel it before 30 days trial. :) But for those who use gym, $20 per month is cheaper than the gym and it also provides motivations.

Conclusions:
Podfitness is good if money is not issue

>I'm considering the free trial, too. How do you know which
>trainers to choose?

WantFit

That sounds really good. I especially like the part where you can go back and comment on likes and dislikes.

Wendy: "I'm afraid I'll like them" LOL me too!

I looked into Podfitness because it seemed like a really awesome concept... I would get to workout to my own music!!

However, once I signed up, I realized that the program cannot use any music that you've actually purchased through Itunes (or Zune). It has to only be music that you uploaded from a CD or something.

For me, that cut out about 90% of my songs, because I am one of those people that doesn't buy CDs... I just buy the songs I like off of Itunes.

I ended up cancelling my account the same day.

They don't specify this when you're signing up, so beware.

MC

Hi, MC,

I did encounter the same problem not for this time. I had to buy one music from itune for my daughter's skating program. I could not burn it to CD, neither I could play it in mp3 player (not ipod). I found the way to break it. Here is the instruction.

http://www.antidrm.hpg.ig.com.br/

Though at first, the instruction seems very long, actually it is very simple. Believe me, I am not tech savy and I don't want to spend a lot of time to learn this thing because I have other million things more important. Try this out. It will help change the format of all your music you bought from itune to be able to play in your own mp3 player or CD.

Let me know if it works for you.

WantFit

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.