Pic of the day

Hilarious! Makes you wonder though really happens with all those dollars the govt spends on education. We obviously did a great job with these 2.

(Teachers please don't take offense. I am one too.)

Ha ha - I remember when I was little and had never heard the word, the first time I did hear it, that is exactly what I thought the person was saying, and it made no sense at all to me!:D

Now I get it! There's so much nonsense out there I initially didn't get the misspelling and was trying to figure out the "logic" behind yet another moronic "idea" being floated around. I would love to know if this is indeed a joke or just further demonstration of the braintrust the right has hanging out at these meetings. This is hysterical!

Oh jeez, it didn't even occur to me that they were making fun! Maybe I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer either. :D

I agree that it's a joke. It has to be! If they were for real there would be an Obama attack in there, such as:
Obama/Obama's Death Panels will kill yer Grandma!!!
Not enough room on the sign to add (via youth in asia/euthanasia). No reason to either. They're taking the p*ss, as the brits say.

Darnit, I wish we had some context here! I wonder what's on the signs next to them?

AHA! Mystery solved. Thank you google & Gilda Radnor.

Emily Litella, from Wiki:

Other misunderstood phrases included Saving Soviet Jewelry ("Jewry"), Endangered Feces (species), Violins (Violence) on Television, Busting (Busing) School Children, Presidential Erections (elections), Flea (free) Elections in China, Elections (erections) in Cuba, Pouring Money into Canker (cancer) Research, the Eagle Rights Amendment (Equal Rights Amendment), Conserving our Natural Racehorses (natural resources); Youth in Asia (euthanasia); Sax (sex) on Television; and Making Puerto Rico a Steak (state): "..next thing you know, they'll want a baked potato with sour cream!".
Litella's answering machine message said: "Hello, This is Emily Litella. I'm not home right now, but I will call you back as soon as possible. Just leave your name, number and what time you called after you hear the sound of the Jeep."

Last edited:
Thanks Shana Banana! That is some funny stuff! I think my faith in Americans has been somewhat restored. Went from thinking we're all so incredibly stupid to wow, some of us are incredibly clever. :)

ETA: I think that rumor started when a really dumb Dem congressman said something about how the loss of an 18 YO's life would be much worse than the loss of an 82 YO's life. Fox picked up that ball & ran w/it. I can't remember the guy's name, but I heard a recording of it over & over for about 3 days, & on the 4th day a certain FB member posted something about death camps. ;)

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.