Petite Sized Workout Clothing

L

lynn

Hi there--

I have been on a mission to find petite sized workout pants.. Has anybody ever found them anywhere?

I have noticed Victoria Secret has some and so does Reebok.. do any of you out there have these brands.. How do they fit?

It just drives me crazy that more manufacturers don't make shorter inseamed athletic wear.. What are we girls under 5'4" supposed to do, besides hem everything?

Thanks in advance

Lynn

Hi Lynn,

I hear ya! I am 5' and finding pants is such a chore. Victoria Secret is the only place I have found work out pants. I wear shorts when I work out so I haven't purchased the pants from Victoria Secret. If you go to TJ Maxx or Ross etc. you may have some luck finding capri workout pants, but that is hit or miss. Manufacturers just don't give us many options.

Beth

Don't even get me going on the fitness clothes industry. Who the heck is designing these things and why do they think everyone is really tall with long legs? Anyway, just to make you feel better, I'm not even petite - 5'6'' but I have short legs, and all workout pants are too long for me. Maybe you should try capri style pants? I work with a woman who is pretty petite and she wears capri pants as regular pants and they look fine!

Jill

hi Lynn

I noticed one time that Wal-mart had some petite clothing. They were sweat pants and looser fitting yoga pants. I infact had a hard time finding these clothes in a non-petite size. I don't think that target has any petite clothing but i did see that they had some capri workout pants as mentioned. Maybe somewhere like sears or penneys that has a petite section would be a help also. my mom is a petite size and she has a really hard time finding clothes as well. Good luck

Kim

Hi Beth--

Thanks for the sympathies!

I do have better luck w/ capris.. only that they are ankle length leggings on me!

I wish I could find a pair of the flare boot cut pants that are short enough.. I think they are so cool. Unfortunately, when I try them on, I just look like a sloppy athletic flower child!

Thanks for the tip.. will take a venture out to TJ Maxx and see if I can score something.

Lynn

LL Bean sells relaxed fit leggings in petite sizes that I wear for yoga...and hanging around. They're realy confortable and well cut.

For working out, I always wear shorts or bike shorts because the workout pants are too long. I do remember seeing some petite lengths over at Title9 sports but they had ankle zippers. You could also call them, they're really helpful there.

A lot of the Firm instructors are petite and I heard that they buy a lot of their clothes at Target. (I don't have a Target near me, so I don't know.)

If you find anything, please let us all know!

Target does not have petite sizes in work out clothes. Those instructors must have long inseams because the Target work out pants need a 4" hem at least.

Beth

I'm barely 5' so I hear ya. I usually end up cutting off the bottoms of workout pants. I get all my regular pants hemmed, but it seems like a waste to spend $ hemming workout pants. You can't really tell I cut the bottoms off and since it's stretchy material, it doesn't fray.

I get my workout pants at Footlocker (Nike- $$$!), Gap has nice sweats, Target has some on occassion, #####'s, Modell's (Champion). It's a hit or miss. Some days I can try on like 20 pants and find nothing. Other days, I find $200 worth!

Keep looking!

I found some really cute flare type pants -- (NIKE and Danskin) at Sports Authority. I'm 5'01'' and they fit just fine. They're just a tiny bit long but when wearing shoes, they fit and look really cute. They make my legs look longer. I don't care for Capris that much because they are not too flattering on a shorter person. I did find some capri sweats at Kohl's but the longer pants are much more flattering.

Danielle :)

Hi everybody--

It sure is nice to know that everybody else is "feeling my pain" for lack of cool clothing!

I do know Avia stuff runs a little shorter than some of the other brands, and so does Danskin stuff. However, they still aren't what is a "true petite".

You can usually find pretty good deals at Marshalls on Avia stuff as well as Danskin. Also, they seem to be a little more generous as far as cut..

Will keep everybody posted as I continue on my mission!!

Lynn

Hello fellow petite athletes. At 5'2", I have found
http://www.SanDiegoFittnes.com to have great capri flare pants that fit me like long capris or ankle length pants. They wash and wear like iron.

Judy
May God grant you a sunbeam to warm you, a moon beam to charm you & an angel so nothing can harm you :-shy

I'm also around 5'1", and have had problems finding fitness wear that actually fits.

I have "1" pair of workout pants that were actually given to me by a neighbor, whose 15 year old daughter had grown out of them. They're black, flaired at the bottom, very well made fitness pants that fit perfectly length-wise and around the waist (don't sit too high on the waist, aren't too big around the waist, etc.), but I believe are girls size pants (the tag was torn out, so this is a guess, but this girl had them since she was 13).

They are just about the only pair of pants I have found that work for me, and are so incredibly well-made and have been through SO many washings without any wear (I know this doesn't help you out, but wanted to comisserate at least).

I'll check out the links provided in this thread, thanks for the input.

Update on the Mission for Petite Workout Pants

Hi everybody--

I think I finally found a pair of petite bootcut workout pants that actually fit!!

Victoria Secret's yoga pants fit pretty well. They were the right length and were actually pretty flattering.

Also, they run pretty generously. I ordered a petite large, and should have ordered a petite medium.

They aren't real "spandexy" more of a cotton blend. But they do fit like a dream.

And best of all, the semi annual clearance sale is going on right now, so you can stock up on new underwear too! Life is good!

Best wishes,

Lynn

RE: Update on the Mission for Petite Workout Pants

I'm only 5' and buy all my workout wear at Target. I love them. So far I've only bought one pair of the pants that need hemming and that is because they have a slit in the side. Normally the length is fine on me also and I even wear a medium. Maybe they fit me in the length because I have a big butt and big legs to fill out the extra length. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.