Pears and Honey

I just heard from my hubby who heard from another that mixing honey with pears (cut up and sitting for awhile to soak up honey) helps to cure the common cold. Creates some kind of chemical between the two to help with colds. Anyhow, hubby had a sinus infection for over a week and tried it and he said, it really helped. So this is what I figure...

take a garlic pill, 5000mg of vitamin C and have some pears mixed with honey and your cold won't have much of a chance. I know I have been fighting one myself and it hasn't gotten the best of me and now it is just about gone!

Charlotte~~

Wow! Sounds like it tastes better than the "typical" cold meds, too??? I can't WAIT 'till I get a cold again!

MJ

Sounds better than some home remedies (like rubbing chopped garlic on the bottoms of your feet and putting on socks before going to bed: supposed to really knock out cold viruses, but you wake up with all your pores reeking of garlic!).

I've heard about honey's antibacterial properties (which make it good as an ingredient for facial scrubs, for example), but never about some honey/pear synergy.

If it doesn't work, at least it can't hurt you!

>Sounds better than some home remedies (like rubbing chopped
>garlic on the bottoms of your feet and putting on socks before
>going to bed: supposed to really knock out cold viruses, but
>you wake up with all your pores reeking of garlic!).
>

Sounds like it prevents your spouse from catching the cold virus too........... I'm very sure you'll wake up all by yourself:p ;-)

Robin:9

>Sounds like it prevents your spouse from catching the cold
>virus too........... I'm very sure you'll wake up all by
>yourself:p ;-)
>

But you also wouldn't be bothered by mosquitos ....or vampires!:D

Honey is also supposed to be good for allergies, but it has to be local to where you are. It has something to do with your body developing an immunity to pollen in the area. My friend's mom swears by it. Might be an old wive's tale but if it works, why not?

Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.