P90X Question and another question

darine

Cathlete
Hello

I have 2 questions:

1. About P90X. How could it be a 90 days program when there is only 12 DVDs? There is one leg DVD, one for chest.... so how is it muscle confusion when you end up doing the same DVDs? I have so many of Cath legs, cardio, bootcamp style, etc... I feel I have a huge variety. So I don't understand what's so special about P90X. May be if I didn't know Cathe, it would have ben great... but withall this variety, how is it good? If it just a one time thing to shock my body with new DVDs but then what? Just wondering. I want to try this serie but may be I should save my money for STS...

2. I think I don't understand what is a routine and th benefits to it. Again like P90X. Is doing the same DVDs a good thing? I never follow a routine. I always make sure to do cardio and weights for all my body once a week. Sometimes I do Gym Style, sometimes I do 3 times upper body. Sometimes I do more cardio than weight. I do a variety each week. I decide what I will do each week, think about it and mak sure it's complete. Or should I change that and do a full month of Gym Style or a full month of the Intesity or the blast serie.... Not sure what to do. I thought that what I was doing is muscle confusion. Bt I noticed that people a lot about a routine.

I wonder if I am clear with my question.

thx

Hello

I have 2 questions:

1. About P90X. How could it be a 90 days program when there is only 12 DVDs?

On the 1st rotation you do one set, second rotation another set & the third rotation is a combo of both so you don't have a whole other set of dvd's for the last rotation.

ohhh.... so they are not an hour workout since all the DVDs are around 11 hours total!!!

right?

You don't do the same strength workouts for 90 days. There are two different workouts for each body part. For example:

Week 1,2,3,9,11

Chest & Back, Ab Ripper X
Plyometrics
Shoulders & Arms, ARX
Yoga X
Legs & Back, ARX
Kenpo X
Rest or Stretch X

Week 5,6,7,10,12

Chest, Shoulders & Triceps, ARX
Plyometrics
Back & Biceps, ARX
Yoga X
Legs & Back, ARX
Kenpo X
Rest or Stretch X

Week 4 & 8 (Recovery)

Yoga X
Core Synergistics
Kenpo X
Stretch X
Core Synergistics
Yoga X
Rest or Stretch X

I liked the strength workouts but got bored with the cardio, ab & leg workouts so I subbed in something else that was similar.

There are many people who liked these workouts and many who did not so I can't really say if they will be right for you.

HTH:)

JJ

ohhh.... so they are not an hour workout since all the DVDs are around 11 hours total!!!

right?

JJ answered it for you. You do a certain set of workouts for 3 weeks (phase 1), then a recovery week, then phase 2 for 3 weeks, recovery, and then Phase 3. Most of them are an hour long except for yoga (90 min) and Ab ripper (16 min) which you do 3x a week after the resistance workouts.

Feel free to email me if you have more questions about it!

Jess

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.