OT-For Pet Owners

geojill

Cathlete
I just adopted a new puppy on Monday and it turns out she’s not housebroken! We have had a few accidents and in the past I would use the Woolite Oxy Deep (dual canister) carpet cleaner but I recently discovered something that works just as well or better and actually smells good and not like chemicals. It’s called Out! Natural Stain and Odor Remover and I got it in the pet department at Wal-mart. It says it has live enzymes and bio-cultures. It smells like lemongrass and works really well on the strong odor of urine from a female dog (I haven’t tried it for stains).

I used paper towels to blot up the excess urine and then saturated the urine spot with the spray and then just left it to dry. It works really well and it is so much better than smelling chemicals! I just wanted to share with you all.

Jill,

You are right; this stuff is a home run for our family. Our puppy was not the culprit, it was our elderly Chow Chow. I used this product religiously for her accidents.

I swear by this stuff.

I have a colony of cats to take care of but I also have my own babies inside my house - we came upon "OUT" when we got our first two cats. My first female cat peed in her cardboard carrier on the way home from the vet's office after her spay and a drop or two went on the floor in the passenger side of my car. It was horrible - nothing I tried made the smell go away. I was beside myself. Finally I got the OUT and put it in the canister of my shampooer where the scrub water would go. I scrubed the carpet vigorously with hot water and dawn dishwashing liquid, and then sucked the soap out of the carpet with the OUT in my shampooer. I was sold after that. Since then two of my females got UTIs and whizzed where they shouldnt and we've used it on the floor and on various items. It's incredible.

THere's actually two different scents of OUT also. There's the lemongrass version, and another one that just has a mild pleasant clean smell. I use both, altho the mild smelling one comes in a pretty large jug - about the size of an average clorox 2 bottle - and is about $7. It lasts a good while unless you've got large areas to cover or a carpet spot to saturate. They're great. At our walmart, the lemongrass scented one is in a spray bottle that's a milky color with dark writing. The other scent is in a white bottle with a pink cap and a picture on the front of a cat, or a dog AND a cat holding their noses! :7

I will definitely have to give it a try! I have also used a product called Nature's Miracle with similar results but am always open to new products. I like that it has a lemongrass scent.

Coni

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.