Osteopenia?

Thanks! That was useful as to what it is just wish I knew why I had since I don't fit any of the criteria. Just found I have that and I am only 28 yrs old. No figure. Thank God I take care of myself lifting weights and eating right. Looks like forgetting to take my multi-vitamin is a thing of the past.

hello - I am only 30 and I have osteoporosis already - from years of not eating right. My doctors have told me that since I am still pretty young I can reverse alot of it by eating plenty of calcium in my foods, taking calcium & vitamin D supplements and by buliding muscle with weight bearing exercise. I have been advised to stay away from fosomax and other medications like that for now since i am planning on starting a family soon and it is not known wwhat effect those medications have on a fetus.

Daniela

Osteopenia is really not a disease,rather it is a precursor to Osteoporosis. It means that your bone density is low for your age. It can, however, be reversed. I was diagnosed with Osteopenia myself. I INCREASED my bone density with exercise and calcium. I exercised 1 hour every day 6i days a week for 2 years. I alternated cardio and weight training. I could not take Bisphosphonates as they really upset my stomach. Anyway, if you are exercising with Cathe...keep it up and do it regularly. If you CAN take Bisphosphonates like Fosomax you are suppose to do that...if not, Calcium and exercise really helps

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.