Orange Juice concentrate vs. carton

RhiannonW

Cathlete
Does anyone know if o.j. made from concentrate is as good for the body as o.j. in the carton?
I use the trick of drinking 6 ounces before I work out in the mornings and I'm wondering if either gives better effects..

OJ "not from concentrate" has more nutrients than OJ from concentrate - more natural juices I guess although I don't know the details of that. However, just because it's in a carton does not mean its not from concentrate. Be sure to look on the carton label for "not from concentrate" to be sure that's what you're getting. I usually buy Tropican Pure Premium Original - it's non-concentrate with no pulp and I love it. Also, if you like pulp in your OJ (ick) try Florida's Natural - I believe that is non-concentrate as well.

I don't know if it has any effects when working out.But I did hear recently that frozen o.j has more vitamin C b/c it is frozen.The other stuff loses a little bit each day b/c it is already mixed.
Lori

LOVE LOVE Tropicana Pure Premium with Calcium. My dr. said it's REALLY good for you too! As a small woman, you have a high propensity for osteoporosis. This was the first year at my physical where she wasnt telling me to take calcium supplements.

It takes about a week to get use to and its expensive but then tastes great and is good for you.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.