One upper body part per day

annie2867

Cathlete
If you are going to work one body part per day, what do you do? There was a time when I would take 3 or 4 of Cathe's videos and pick out each section say... for shoulders and do a 30 minute routine. I think Cathe said this wasn't a good idea as you are constantly switching exercises, instead of doing a full concentration with one particular exercise for a good burnout! I hope that made sense. Anyway, I want to do the one body part per day and would welcome some suggestions. I wish I could give up bicep work, I can't stand it!

Thanks

do you have the CTX series. It's set up to work one part per day. Has an approx30 min cardio section and one body part along with some abs. Except for leaner legs which is just that a leg workout no cardio. It's a very versatile series. HTH

catherine

Do you find that doing CTX 1 body part per day effective at building muscle? I really like them but haven't really used them for long. I usually sub PS or the Pyramids when using CTX cardios. Are they just good for endurance or will they maintain what PS and the Pyramids have given me?

I have the CTX series and I actually have the CTX upperbody video. I find CTX more like a Body Pump class, endurance, rather than building muscle. I would like to build more muscle! I wish Cathe had done a new upper body video in the last series. I am not that interested in doing lower body anymore and those videos have the total body thing going on and they seem to be all endurance so I don't use them that much. I would like to dedicate 30 minutes to each body part so I would imagine that to be about 8 minutes per exercise.

I'd take, say, a segment from PS and go as heavy as I can. It takes me about 40 minutes to do PS chest and back when I use heavy weights since I need to rest longer between sets.

Pinky

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.