Oh Boy!

wonderwoman

Cathlete
Goodmorning,
I was on vacation for the first 2 weeks of july and ate garbage the whole 2 weeks! Shame on me but I did have a good time doing it:) My stomach is a mess and still recovering from it 3 weeks later. Is there anything out there that can make me feel better?
Thanks ! Is there a kind of tea or other remedy that I can try?

Yup, can relate ;)

Lots and lots of water w/lemon does the trick. Peppermint tea is great too. Actually, any herbal tea, even green tea is wonderful at detoxifying the body. Make a big batch and sweeten it w/stevia and drink throughout the day. Along with lots of fresh fruit and veggies, can't forget those :). You're stomach will be back to normal in no time ;)

Take care,

Natasha

Slippery elm bark powder is great if you can find it. It's in the bulk section of my local health foods store. It forms a slimy mucous-y substance in water which coats the inside of the digestive tract. It will help with constipation, diarrhea, and general inflammation and digestive unease.

When I had stomach ulcers, bleeding, inflammation and a hiatal hernia, the slippery elm helped more than any of the prescriptions I was given.

It tastes like cardboard on its own but smells like maple! After all it is tree bark...

I would usually add a heaping tablespoonful of it to about half a cup of boiling water, add some honey and cinnamon, and eat it with a spoon. It's kind of like cream of wheat, just more slimy.

Funny enough, I actually hadn't had any of the stuff in probably over a year, but after going on vacation last weekend and eating restaurant crap I actually had some as soon as I got back!

Of course I would also second the lots of water and loading up on produce!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.