Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Talk about anything you like in this forum including other videos you like or dislike.We would like to once again remind everyone that we donít allow posts from people whose end purpose is to sell or promote other companies DVDs. We want open discussion to continue to be used by fitness enthusiast and our customers who want to openly and honestly discuss fitness DVDs, not to be used by other companies to promote their website or sell their products.

Not judging, just curious

This is a discussion on Not judging, just curious within the Open Discussion forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; I want to hear the rest of the joke!...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2008, 11:54 AM
DeCathelete
buffettgirl's Profile Fields

I want to hear the rest of the joke!
Old 11-17-2008, 11:59 AM
Cathlete
janiejoey's Profile Fields

Came in with fresh popcorn and have smoothies for everyone. Thanks for the idea Beavs.

Round two.

Janie

"If you pretend to be happy long enough then eventually you will be". - Mary Cooper RIP
Old 11-17-2008, 12:02 PM
DeCathelete
allwildgirl's Profile Fields

Send a message via MSN to allwildgirl

*gets the blender out to make margaritas*

All Hail Limecat
Old 11-17-2008, 12:07 PM
Cathlete
Liann's Profile Fields

Woo-hoo, party time!

Old 11-17-2008, 12:08 PM
Cathlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by allwildgirl View Post
*gets the blender out to make margaritas*
See my new thread, and make mine a double.

Photobucket
Cathlete
Vee's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffettgirl View Post
What I believe, and probably didn't say very well, is that sin is sin. It is my belief, based on what the Bible says, that homosexuality is sin. So is gluttony, lying, adultery, murder, beastiality, judging others, etc, etc. I further more believe that sin is sin. There is no degree of sin. I am as guilty of sin as a murderer or a homosexual. I don't that believe calling the union of two men or two woman a "marriage" and making it "legal" makes it any less of a sin.

Hurting a child is wrong. Slavery is wrong. That is black and white.

Some religions say eating meat is a sin.

Jainism goes to the extent of saying harming insects is a sin and depriving a plant of life is a sin (Jains dont eat root vegetables because the plant is killed in havesting the crop).

The Quran permits a man to have 4 wives.

For the most part people who are born into a particular religion are taught what is sin from an impressionable age.

Consensual sex between adults? I cant see sin there. I believe that people dont choose their sexual orientation. It is far easier to be straight so given a choice that is what most people would do. That is my belief.

I truly believe in other people's right to believe as they do.

With some questions, everyone's conscience does not always come up with the same answer.

Therein lies the conflict - how do we resolve these questions?
DeCathelete
kathryn's Profile Fields

I do somewhat see both sides (though NOT the side that takes every word in the Bible as the truth and bludgeons others with those words).
I think the problem may come down to the word "mariage."

If proposition opposed "civil union," I'd hope most people would vote against it.

Making "civil unions" legal could leave the way open for individual churches to decide on their own whether they would perform mariages between two people of the same sex.

^. .^
> ^ <

5k racewalking PR: 34:42 (11/26/11)
Old 11-17-2008, 12:12 PM
Cathlete
Vee's Profile Fields

Kathryn,

If we were to put it to vote, I think most of us would agree with you. You should have come to the thread a lot earlier.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:31 PM
Cathlete
jonahnah's Profile Fields

My view is gays should be allowed to marry, plain and simple.

To my mind, attitudes against gay marriage are no different than the laws that used to prohibit interracial marriage. Those laws were unjust and our constitution is based on the premise that all men are created equal. Amazing that these laws were still being enforced in 16 states in 1967 when the Supreme Court finally ruled that they were unconstitutional.

Why should gays have to settle for Civil Unions? "Separate but equal" was BS in the 1950s and 1960s and it is now.

The biggest threat to marriage is divorce, not people who love each other! Gender makes no difference. It's interesting that a religion that turns a blind eye to bigamy and sanctions marriage between uncles and underage neices thinks it has God on its side. I'm sure they believe their Bible is the right one too.

I'd rather watch 2 adult men or women pledge their love for one another than see a 60 year man marry his 15 year neice.

Independent Team Beachbody Coach
See my profile for info.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:34 PM
Catheite
boybielicious's Profile Fields

People can do whatever they want to be happy. I am all for happiness. Doesn't mean I would do the same thing necessarily, but if it isn't bothering me & I'm not getting anything shoved down my throat, what is the difference?

I'm not a religious person, so take this for what it's worth -- so what if people go against what the "religious code" is? They go to hell? What? I think there are so many people down there right now, they certainly wouldn't be lonely.

Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'
Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.
--Family Guy