Not allowed to work out for a week

sophiem

Cathlete
I'm having a surgical procedure done to remove something on my face in a couple weeks and I've been told that I can't work out for a week, until the sutures are taken out. What a drag! No exercise of any kind. I'm thinking that maybe a week prior I should really ramp things up in my workouts, maybe workout for longer periods or double workouts or something. Has anyone been in this situation? I know it's not the end of the world, but just thought I'd ask.

I had laproscopic surgery on Dec 13th and was told not to workout for 2 wks!!! I thought I would DIE x( But I survived and I'm sure you will too. I am back full force now and feel better than ever. :7 Hope your procedure goes well and give your body the recovery time it needs!!!

Catherine

Want my advice? Make sure you listen to the doctors and don't work out! One week won't kill you at all and you actually can jsut work it into your rotation as a rest period. If it will make you feel better, work out harder the week before but honstsly. I don't think it is an absolute "must."

I wouldn't worry too much...I'm sure you'll do fine! I wasn't able to exercise for about a month following a surgery I had a few years ago and then again for another month following the birth of my son...I did not gain any weight. Just be extra careful about what you put in your mouth that week!:) The week off will PROBABLY do you more good than harm anyway! Everyone could use a week off once in a while even if we don't all take it!

Good luck!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.