NO sweets starting tomorrow...

gidget1978

Cathlete
Anyone interested in joining me? I eat way to many sweets! But all other areas of my eating are puuuuuuuurfect!;) Somedays of course are better then others but today I have been picking alot.
I know that there is already a check in but I was wondering if anyone was up for the challenge with me?

Lori:)

Lori - I was just telling a coworker that I have been eating sugar like it is going out of style - cookies, brownies, you name it. I REALLY need to cut back. Will we be attempting to cut out all sugar or just additional sugar, candy, etc...?

I'm in Lori, although I started last Wednesday. I've (almost) gone a whole week without anything sweet. I was dangerously out of control.

I'm going to come around with circus peanuts, candy cigarettes, ho-hoes, ding dongs, bit o' honeys, stale marshmallows and knock you no sugar dictators right off your lofty sugar free pedestals. }( }( :p

I actually went to Target and bought candy for the office today. I bought all the candy I didn't like. :)

>I'm going to come around with circus peanuts, candy
>cigarettes, ho-hoes, ding dongs, bit o' honeys, stale
>marshmallows and knock you no sugar dictators right off your
>lofty sugar free pedestals. }( }( :p

YEAH! SUGAR RULES!!! }(

I will give it a try! Lately (in the last week) I've been eating chocolate and cookies like crazy! It is time to get back on track.....starting tomorrow. First, I really should finish the M&Ms sitting on my desk at the moment!:9

Maggie

Lori. I feel your sweettooth pain. I was addicted to choclate. Well I started Sunday and I bought a bag of Min Cadbury hard eggs choclate you can have 12 and it is only 150 calories. So I know after lunch i crave choclate and after dinner. So i just grab 2 and after dinner I grab 2 so far it has worked my candybars were 250 calories so this has been working instead of cutting it out cold turkey
beth6395

"Double Knot your laces and let's move on"
-Cathe Friedrich

I know, its hard to commit to isn't it? Sugar is my downfall. Today at work I decided to bake some cookies...3 different kinds. I had to taste them all(numerous times) plus the icing that went on one of them. I can stick to it if I have it in my head.
I am giving up any baked goods,bars...candy...you name it. The only thing I will have is fruit and splenda in my coffee.Not sure how long I will last but a day or two would be better then nothing.
Should we start our own thread or just join in with the no sweets gang? Kind of don't want another thread...seems a bit rude...but it would be nice to have something for just one week and see how it goes from there?

I have elminated all sweets/treats from my diet and have to say that if you don't let yourself have even a small taste, it is much easier to stick to! I am a sugar addict and was very out of control. For me it's all or nothing, and nothing is getting easier every day!

That's me too. I like to call sugar my *white crack*. I'm better off just staying away from it otherwise it's all a downward spiral from there!

You can do it, just get through the first couple days and it gets easier!

Thanks girls! I think its kind of all or nothing with me as well. I think my protein shakes and bars will help some. Most times when I eat sweets its not even b.c I crave them...its out of boredom!
Lori:)

Hi Lori!
I gave up sweets for Lent! It would be great encouragement to have others too. Esp. when DH was eating an oreo right in front of me.
It took all my strength to not reach for one!
Its been a few weeks now, and I have to say, I feel so good without it. My energy levels seem so much more level.

:) :) Alicia

Hey Lori:

I'll join you. I'm on day 6 of my new "no sweets" regimen having eaten way too much chocolate last week, so much it was becoming the major food group in my diet!

Lets's share tips for what we are eating/doing when the need-for-sweetness strikes. OK?

I have been eating fruit, yoghurt and almonds as my choc substitutes. And avoiding watching TV in the evenings, because this is the worst time for eating sweet things. How about you? What is working?

Good luck to us all!

Clare

I guess I'm already doing that. I'm trying to watch everything I eat so I've avoided sweets like the plague, but I do eat fruit and some yogurt.. and sometimes a chocolate protein shake. Those usually gives me a sugar fix. My weekness is breads.. I love ciabatta bread sandwiches etc.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.