No headlights? WTF???

spyrosmom

Cathlete
Ok, so now that it gets dark early, when I come home from work it's dark out. Not twilight, but full on DARK. Every night I see at least 2 or 3 cars driving around town w/out their headlights on? Is this the new teenage fun? Am I old? Did I miss a memo somewhere? What the heck? They are going to cause an accident. The drivers may be able to see with the street lights and and such, but it doesn't mean others can see them. And how do they see the dashboard? Anyone notice this anywhere else or is it just in my neck of the woods?

Nan

Nan, I thought this was going to be another thread about losing cup size during weight loss. LOL!! :7 :7

don't drive in argentina, then. the belief there is that not using headlights will save on the car battery! No kidding. but there are always major accidents when tour buses not using headlights pass and, well, you know the results.

Wow, calm down. Maybe they just forgot. I know sometimes I have gotten in the car in a full lit parking lot, and driven half a block before realizing, whoops, no lights, and pop them on. OK, so maybe the mind IS going(stab at the life after 35 thread:7 )

Do they have their parking lights on? That always makes me roll my eyes, what good are parking lights only going to do? Next time you see this, maybe flash your brights at them. Glad you are passionate about safety!:)

Nan - I hear you. I always see (or barely "see") several cars driving around without headlights now when it goes dark (and I mean DARK too!). Few people put them on when it's raining either, and that's a real pet peeve of mine. It's the law here now. I've done the occational pull out of a parking lot space oopsie at night too, but the moment I'm plunged into darkness I realize right away and turn them on. These cars drive for miles with them out. Don't they realize they are driving in the dark??? No dash, no light in front of them, helloooo? ;)

I can't say that I notice too many people driving without their lights on in the dark ... mostly I notice people driving with their high beams on (or just one high beam) which makes me mental. :)

>Do they have their parking lights on? That always makes me
>roll my eyes, what good are parking lights only going to do?
>Next time you see this, maybe flash your brights at them. Glad
>you are passionate about safety!:)

You might want to think twice about flashing these folks. It has been said in the past that this type of behavior COULD be gang-related. There have been cases where they leave their lights off and then when someone flashes them they chase them and run them off the road....YIKES! I heard that and have never flashed anyone since!
:eek:

I very rarely see people driving without headlights, but what gets my goat is people that don't use their TURN SIGNAL!!! ARG!

Stephanie

>Nan, I thought this was going to be another thread about losing cup size during weight loss. LOL!!

Bwah ha ha!!! :7

When I first got my Prius, the first night I drove after dark, I ended up driving for a few minutes without lights, because the dashboard lighting doesn't change whether or not the lights are on (as a reminder). In my previous car, I always immdiately knew when the headlights weren't on, because the dash lights were not on either.

>I can't say that I notice too many people driving without
>their lights on in the dark ...

Well, of course you don't notice them! It's dark and you can't see them! ;) :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.