New Year's Resolutions

Timber99

Cathlete
OK, did anyone make them this year? I saw a quip on the Today show that most people vow to lose weight for their NYR and most people fail before the first month is out. I can't remember the percentages and numbers but they were scary :eek: What are you guys trying to do differently this year?

I have some pretty drastic changes in the next month or so (moving, ending a 9 year relationship, everything that goes along w/that), so I kept them simple. I am looking to:

1. clean up my potty mouth;
2. cut down my sugar fettish; and
3. get my finances in better shape.

Great resolutions Shelley:)

Mine are
1. Get up early again to workout so I can spend more time with my baby girl at night
2. Be more optimistic
3. Lose the rest of my baby weight
4. Eat cleaner (Notice I didn't say totally clean}( :p )
5. Try not to get stressed by the little things

1) Eat clean MOST of the time.;)
2) Start using Fit Day again.
3) Get my body fat down another 3%.
4) Lose that last pesky 5 pounds just because it's buggin' me!:p
5) Do a push up on my toes!!!!

Christine, I'm sorry to hear about your relationship ending. I know you did everything you could to make it work, and I'm sure it was a difficult decision.

My exercise goal is pretty modest. I've been unable to exercise for the last month or two because of oral surgery, a head cold and various stresses. I just want to get back to normal. I'm going to kick off my "new" exercise program this weekend. I want to do things a bit differently this time just to keep it interesting, like try new machines at the gym and maybe even take some classes. I'm even toying with the idea of trying a personal trainer.

On a less fun note, I also plan to bill more hours this year at work than I ever have before in my career. :( I'm going to try to do it by working smarter, rather than longer.

-Nancy

I have had a tremendous amount of stress on me this year so to find more ways to keep my stress level down is #1 with me.

#2 is trying to find a yoga tape that I like that will work me out and help me relax after I am thru with the workout.

Kim

Christine, I too am sorry to hear about your relationship ending. I wish you the best.
As an aside, I just looked at that picture of you and Laura, and man, you are such a beautiful woman!!!! Your hair has got to be the most beautiful I have ever seen!!!!

I was teaching step last night and before we started class, the gals were saying that they are not looking forward to January because the gym gets so darned crowded :) But, they did mention that by February, attendance starts to wane, so they are looking forward to that :) It is times like that I am so glad to have found Cathe and feel so good about working out at home! I just can't imagine life without my DVDs and VHSs!!!!!

So, enough with my rambling, my New Years resolutions are to continue to stay on track with my fitness regime and hopefully get pregnant in February while in Jamaica with my DH. I hope to come home and have everyone ask "Jamaica baby?" :) If it doesn't happen in February, then we will just keep trying until it does (hey, practice makes perfect). Hopefully, my goal will then be to continue on this healthy path that I have set for myself.

Good luck to all of you with your resolutions! I have a feeling that 2006 will be a good year! After all, 2005 was the crappiest year of my life, so it can only get better!!!!!!!!!!!

Christine, I too am sorry to hear about your relationship ending. I wish you the best.
As an aside, I just looked at that picture of you and Laura, and man, you are such a beautiful woman!!!! Your hair has got to be the most beautiful I have ever seen!!!!

I was teaching step last night and before we started class, the gals were saying that they are not looking forward to January because the gym gets so darned crowded :) But, they did mention that by February, attendance starts to wane, so they are looking forward to that :) It is times like that I am so glad to have found Cathe and feel so good about working out at home! I just can't imagine life without my DVDs and VHSs!!!!!

So, enough with my rambling, my New Years resolutions are to continue to stay on track with my fitness regime and hopefully get pregnant in February while in Jamaica with my DH. I hope to come home and have everyone ask "Jamaica baby?" :) If it doesn't happen in February, then we will just keep trying until it does (hey, practice makes perfect). Hopefully, my goal will then be to continue on this healthy path that I have set for myself.

Good luck to all of you with your resolutions! I have a feeling that 2006 will be a good year! After all, 2005 was the crappiest year of my life, so it can only get better!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have any and never had I made any for this particular holiday. I usually make mine on some off random day. Once it gets stuck in my head about doing something, I just do it. It always makes me smile when I am in the grocery store and just days before Christmas there is so many baking items, cookies, etc. And then I go today and there, on the same rack...wheat thins, baked doritos, slim fast, etc.

Nothing wrong with making a positive resolution, only if you can stick with it for the long haul.

Charlotte~~

Right now all I am thinking is :
1: call my family more ofter.I don't call my SIL and my sister near as much as I should
2: get the job done.I put things of like youwouldn't beleive so I am going to try and get things done a little faster.

As for workouts.Nothing yet.I don't know what I want to do.I would like to get into 1/2 marathons or 10 k's
Lori:)

Okay here goes:
1. Train for that 1/2 marathon....walking that is...even if I don't actually do the race
2. Find someway, somehow to get Cathe workouts back...I need to find some space in my house. I sooooo miss her.
3. Get a yoga workout in at least once a week....they are so necessary for my mental well being
4. Clean up my diet...even if it is just baby steps at first

Hi Christine- I'm thinking about you now and taking a moment to send you good thoughts. I hope that you find strength and happiness going into and throughout the new year.

My fitness resolution is to continue to accept myself and see the beauty in myself as I grow older and wiser. To work towards my goals and be happy with maintaining as well as losing wt and gaining strength. I am at a point in life where I accept the limitations of my physical self and recognize the successes of my healthy lifestyle. Given the alternative, I am lucky to be aging gracefully. This is a long journey and I am enjoying every step.

Happy New year to everyone,
jordan

I totally relate to your procrastinating Lori! My motto used to be "Don't put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after tomorrow" but nobody wants to hire a lawyer who has that motto. :(

-Nancy

Hello everyone!

I'm So ready for 06. 05 has been a tough year, with my son's physical issues and my mother's final descent into mental illness.

I'm on week 12 of my comeback - so that was huge!
I've grown so much this year - much more open, let my walls down (in the right situation), have found my softer vulnerable side (I like it a lot - instead of always that tough exterior) - it's great being a woman :)
I've opened myself up to a very comfortable growing friendship with a special guy friend
I've learned to relax and not ALWAYS push myself

So for 06
- worry less (my faith helps a lot on this). I got very bad with this (and over reacting) because of my son's physical issues.
- make my house a home where I want people to visit(already started furniture shopping this week). Redo my kitchen, den, floors.
- be open to relationship - though my son is my #1 focus - he may have brain surgery this year - even if not a full blown relationship at least a caring, growing, comfortable friendship
- be happier in work. I took a less stressful (non client facing job) when thing started with my son. I'm not happy where I am (nor is really anyone) either find a way to get some passion about my job or find a new position in the company or outside.

Gosh none are fitness related but of course stay on track and get adequate rest in and continue to eat well and drink water)

Here's to a HAPPY and HEALTHY 06

Robyn-
What wonderful resolutions! I wish you all the best of everything in 2006 because you deserve it.
-Nancy

I think Shelley's resolutions would kill me.

My main "resolution" (which I rarely make for all of the reasons above) is to go easier on myself!! This past year has been truly dreadful, and I think I made it that way. So I want to ease up and start acting like a nice person- not as a stressed out zombie concerned and responsible for more than is realistic. I tried Shelley's resolution over the past year and have been miserable. I'm sure there is a way to do it, but I haven't found a way... but of course wish Shelley all the luck and determination she needs!! (LOL as if Shelley is lacking in determination...)

And, all Cathe workouts with pushups on toes would be amazing!! Right now I'm about 1/2 on toes, 1/2 on knees, depending on the day.

Happy New Year All! Christine - sorry to hear about your relationship. That's tough! Robyn - you're a rock girl. I cannot think of anyone I admire more. With everything you've been through, you continue to be cheerful and inspiring.

My DH and I took a trip a few years ago - an Inn-to-Inn trek through the Jungfrau region of Switzerland. It was amazing - one of the best times he and I have ever had together. We received a brochure in the mail from the tour company and ended up drooling over a tour through the Italian Dolomites. It's a rough tour - 10 miles a day and between 3000-4000 foot elevation gains through out, but it would be absolutely incredible. So my goal for this year is to get into the kind of hiking shape to be able to handle that tour and enjoy the scenery.

I am also going to use www.sparkpeople.com - a site like fitday, but so much nicer and user friendly - every day. I need to watch my calories and drop this weight. It's driving me crazy.

Awww thanks Nancy and Christine:

I just went out and bought a sofa, ottoman (leather), chair, and extra throw pillows for the sofa :) We got great prices. It's a new more contemporary/eclectic style. I'm so excited. This is the start of a new year :) I'll need to buy lighting and window treatment but it's a huge start. Now to call a few contractors!

Nancy - I JUST called MAC and am having a makeover on the 7th :) That doesn't go with my resolutions but still here's to a new year.

Happy New Year!

Yay Robyn!!! I'm so glad to hear it!

And while you're at Mac, don't forget to try the fragrances. The one in the white bottle has been haunting me ever since I tried it. I've just GOT to go back and buy it.

Take pics of your makeover if you can, okay?

-Nancy

Awwww, thanks guys :) It's so nice that we just mention something on this board and everyone chimes in with well wishes & support. You guys ROCK!

Cheers to 2006! :+

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.