New Wen Scents - spoiler alert

Trixoo

Cathlete
Hi all -

For those of you who like to be surprised each season by the announcement of the new Wen scents, read no further.

I just heard that the spring seasonal scent is gardenia green tea (or green tea gardenia). If anybody tries it, would you mind sharing your opinion? I like gardenias, but don't have an burning urge to try this unless it's exceptional.

On the other hand, the summer scent will be mango coconut...I'll be all over that. :)

Just thought you'd like to know!

Mango coconut sounds good. I don't use Wen but I assume you do. Do you like it? I have tried the non-chemical shampoo DevaCurl has and didn't care for it so I have been scared to try Wen.

wen

You are way behind in your news. I already have the spring scent, see the wen thread a little below this one

Karen

I ordered the spring scent earlier today - and now I can't wait for the summer scent!!!!!!!!! I still have a TON of both fall and winter (I buy 3 at a time), and love both of them.

silbow said:
You are way behind in your news. I already have the spring scent, see the wen thread a little below this one

Karen

Not to be too defensive, but this thread was actually started first. I just thought others might like to know...it was new news to me.

TRSTACIE said:
Mango coconut sounds good. I don't use Wen but I assume you do. Do you like it? I have tried the non-chemical shampoo DevaCurl has and didn't care for it so I have been scared to try Wen.

I do like it...I have lots of hair, but it's fine and wavy, so looks "fly away". I used to keep it short for this reason, because as it would grow out it would become more fly away, but now it's getting longer (still not shoulder length) and it looks better than it has in the past when I've grown it out. I attribute that to Wen...I like what it does for my hair, but it's not an absolute miracle worker...just makes it better.

I've never tried the devacurl, so can't help with a comparison. Its pretty expensive, so I can understand not wanting to end up with something you don't like. Yeah, qvc will take it back, but you're out the pretty steep shipping charges and have to find the time to get it to ups. Are u by any chance coming to one of the road trips? If so, I'm happy to bring some for you to try (assuming we'll be able to lift our arms high enough to do that!). I've even been thinking of suggesting a roadtrip Wen exchange where folks could trade scents that don't work for them...

Anyway, hope this helps!

Just saw this....I love the idea of an "exchange" of scents at the RT! Brilliant idea! I will be at the Chicago RT. Is any one else interested in this?

I do like it...I have lots of hair, but it's fine and wavy, so looks "fly away". I used to keep it short for this reason, because as it would grow out it would become more fly away, but now it's getting longer (still not shoulder length) and it looks better than it has in the past when I've grown it out. I attribute that to Wen...I like what it does for my hair, but it's not an absolute miracle worker...just makes it better.

I've never tried the devacurl, so can't help with a comparison. Its pretty expensive, so I can understand not wanting to end up with something you don't like. Yeah, qvc will take it back, but you're out the pretty steep shipping charges and have to find the time to get it to ups. Are u by any chance coming to one of the road trips? If so, I'm happy to bring some for you to try (assuming we'll be able to lift our arms high enough to do that!). I've even been thinking of suggesting a roadtrip Wen exchange where folks could trade scents that don't work for them...

Anyway, hope this helps!

I just saw that you posted a response! I don't know how I missed it!

Thanks for the information about Wen. I have really wavy and super thick hair that is a bit of a challenge to maintain. I wish I was going to a road trip -- you are so lucky that you get to go. Thanks for the nice offer as well. I might bite the bullet and just try it out. I was waiting for the summer scent to come out. Thanks for the tip!

TexasLaura said:
Just saw this....I love the idea of an "exchange" of scents at the RT! Brilliant idea! I will be at the Chicago RT. Is any one else interested in this?

Well, I'm interested, but have just been too busy to put a thread out there. Will try to do it this weekend. I'm looking forward to meeting you in Chicago...still can't believe how lucky I am to et to go!

TRSTACIE said:
I just saw that you posted a response! I don't know how I missed it!

Thanks for the information about Wen. I have really wavy and super thick hair that is a bit of a challenge to maintain. I wish I was going to a road trip -- you are so lucky that you get to go. Thanks for the nice offer as well. I might bite the bullet and just try it out. I was waiting for the summer scent to come out. Thanks for the tip!

I'd wait for the summer scent. I ended up caving and etting the spring scent. It's perfectly nice, but, to my nose, is not different/special. I guess there are so many floral shampoo fragrances it's hard to sand out. The formula works well, though. Good luck!

2 questions

I know I am behind on this, but I just got the spring scent. I really like it. I had gotten the 6 scent set from QVC and got to experiment with the various types of Wen and found that some scents really didn't work for me while others gave me much better results. I love the pomegranate and both mint varieties - the winter one and the almond vanilla (I think that's the combo) work well for my long, tend to frizz, straight hair. But this spring scent also works well.

I tried the pumpkin and the lavender scented varieties but they left my hair on the dry side. But luckily I can also mix'em wih the ones that do work so I can extend the ones I like.

I have kept in the back of my mind what Cathe said way back when I first learned about Wen about the fact that QVC sells Wen by the gallon in the summer - is it June? Does anyone have any info on this? I'd like to order the pomegranate in the gallon size.

Also, when I ordered the 6 pack it went onto the auto delivery. I'd like to cancel this before I get the next delivery but don't know how to do this. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thanks!

sarah

macbeanur said:
I know I am behind on this, but I just got the spring scent. I really like it. I had gotten the 6 scent set from QVC and got to experiment with the various types of Wen and found that some scents really didn't work for me while others gave me much better results. I love the pomegranate and both mint varieties - the winter one and the almond vanilla (I think that's the combo) work well for my long, tend to frizz, straight hair. But this spring scent also works well.

I tried the pumpkin and the lavender scented varieties but they left my hair on the dry side. But luckily I can also mix'em wih the ones that do work so I can extend the ones I like.

I have kept in the back of my mind what Cathe said way back when I first learned about Wen about the fact that QVC sells Wen by the gallon in the summer - is it June? Does anyone have any info on this? I'd like to order the pomegranate in the gallon size.

Also, when I ordered the 6 pack it went onto the auto delivery. I'd like to cancel this before I get the next delivery but don't know how to do this. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thanks!

sarah

That's so funny, I remember Cathe mentioning the gallon sale, too, so have tried as many scents as possible so I'll know what to order...a gallon is quite a commitment. My understanding is that the gallon sale is in June. I have no idea what scents will be offered, but would be shocked if pomegranate isn't one of them. I think it's much less likely tat te seasonal scents will be available, though.

You can cancel an auto delivery...just log into your QVC acct and check on your orders...you'll see your auto delivery in there and can easily cancel. I know ecause I was going to do the same thing!

I got that email, too!

I just ordered it. I figured I get a 32 oz of my favorite Wen PLUS a 16 oz of the spring scent, AND those other two Wen products I haven't tried yet - all for the price of just the 32 oz Wen.

I live in Hawaii and the shippping from QVC KILLS me - so whenever they bundle things that I want it is very tempting to me to order it. That's my rationale anyway.

Thanks!

sarah

I'm glad you mentioned what works for you and what doesn't, as it sounds like we have similar reactions to the "flavors." I just found a 16oz combo of Pom & Almond Mint, two I've been wanting to try but was worried they wouldn't work well - since they work for you, I'm hoping they'll work for me! I need to find a good original flavor for the gallon deal - I'm sure they will only offer the standard scents in gallon sizes.....

Wen deal

A special from QVC for any interested....

Product Details

That is a really great deal for the money. On QVC there is a Wen board & I found out about this offer about a month ago. The board is very informative for people using Wen or wanting to try Wen. The people on that board also know about these deals in advance. I ordered the set as soon as I found out about it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.