New Tracey Staehle

Did anyone try the new dvds yet? Just wondering if they are good. She has the parts series and high intensity step mix 2. Any comments welcome.

Hi
I already posted but the parts dvd is great the upper body is a keeper. Sometimes I like to do a different workout other than Cathe and I usually am disappointed but not on this dvd.

Susan G.

Is it just me or does anybody else hear the shouting shrill in Tracey's voice? I am trying to like the preview clips but just cannot stand her loud shrill! So different from Cathe's even toned cueing.

X

I had posted this on another thread, and with just about the same verbage. She shouts all the way through the step workout and the tone really started getting on my nerves pretty early on. Did she forget she had a microphone???

I just previewed the workouts. They look good, especially if used in combination, or as a functional fitness day.

I think Tracey's personality shows better in these than in previous workouts, but there are some things I dislike, mainly production related:

The camera seems so far away from the crew, I feel distanced and not part of them. I kept hoping Mindy would push the camera forward a few feet at least.

The set is very shadowy: shadows on the floor, shadows on the gang, shadows in the corner. I'm all for conserving energy, but this is one time I'd like better lighting! I couldn't figure out how they were lighting it, because I don't think I've ever seen a workout DVD with such shadowy lighting.

Tracey does seem to project her voice too much at times, as if she doesn't have a good microphone on (maybe because she's so far from the camera?). It may also just be her voice. The other two background exercisers who taught short segments sounded fine. And Tracey's voice was okay sometimes, but got that more shrill tone to it too often. (I didn't get the step workout, so I'm just talking about the 'parts' workouts).

The premix menu on the DVD is almost impossible to read: italicized, smallish font, light color on light color. Yikes! Someone didn't study their color theory manual!

These are my first two Tracey DVDs so I need to give them a little time. So far I have done the SUB (Upper body portion of the parts tape). I thought it was fairly good... I upped the weight on almost all the sections ... and she has a background person, Barbie, I think, who also seems to be using heavier weights. The "Abs" section was one exercise which doesnt really bother me... too much extra weight around the middle to tell if I have a 6 pack or not. It went by quickly which is an issue I have with some of Cathes all-weight videos (and the weight section of Body Max ... it seems to go on and on). Again with only one run through I think it is a fairly solid upper body work out ...but it is not a "parts" work out .. you dont hit every muscle group with 3 or 4 different exercises.

I tagged on the first part of HISM2 ...there was an audio problem during the warmup where it was hard to hear Tracey but either I got used to it or the audio improved in the work out. I thought it was a fun routine and I loved the energy her one background person, No idea what her name is...she's on Tracey's right side, has ... she just lets go and really makes it dynamic. I think seeing that puts it in your mind that you too could possibly have that much energy and fun. I will keep you posted if I can squeeze in the entire work out some day soon.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.