New Toys for Christmas? Bosu

cinza

Seasons Greetings...
Did anyone get any great fitness presents?
I received a Bosu.. I love the thing, but need some formal traing via videos.
Any experienced suggestions? I have a Stott tape in the mail... What would be a smart companion to it?
I understand just about anything can be done on the Bosu. Right now I just play on it, do a lot of balancing on one leg and pilate moves for core.
For those of you who are curious how a Bosu is different than a ball, you can (or can try to) stand on the Bosu, this is a BIG difference and allows for working muscles you never knew you had or needed to stabalize the body and keep it from falling over.

I have found one legged balancing in yoga trims my legs and hips get very nicely due to the multi-directional challenges of staying upright. Bosu makes it even tougher. Love it!

ME TOO! My in laws bought this for me for Christmas! I was soo surprised! They already told me for my birthday(march 9th) that they'll be getting me the 6 videos coming out from the CIA crew (supposedly in Feb) They felt they had to tell me cause they know me (ramsammy)that I'd preorder them as soon as they were available! I used it today with CTX Leaner legs and ab work, I also through in a set of pushups,planks and handstands on it! Fun,Fun--It won't take me long to whip up a program on this-very versatile! I'll let you know about the BOSU videos! take care! Enjoy your Bosu!Your friend in fitness~~Francine

mindy mylrea is coming out with at least one video / dvd which uses the Bosu.
check her site, and also check the Bosu site.
Kathy

mindy mylrea is coming out with at least one video / dvd which uses the Bosu.
check her site, and also check the Bosu site.
Kathy

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-26-02 AT 06:44PM (Est)[/font][p]Thank you for the Hello Edith! Cathe folks are the nicest on the web!

I wrote to Mindy and asked about the Bosu Conditioning tape and got this note in reply:

""- It will be available late January/early February. You can order it in both VHS and DVD. Please check back to our site often. Thanks - JumpInc""

I want to add another cool difference about Bosu and the ball..
when you do abs on bosu, you can take your feet off the ground and its a whole new "ball" game! stablizing with only your core...
Also.. I am reading balancing is a very important feature of a fitness program. As we age we lose the ability, hense more accidents, and the complications of broken bones kill can older folk ..
Also.. balancing is good for the nervous system..and good balance distributes the body weight evenly....

I LOVE this toy... every time I pass it in my living room I do something on it... My 18 year old son loves hanging out on it also.

Be careful on that BOSU. I used one in a class recently and if you get any sweat on those things you can slip right off of it and possibly injure yourself. The ones we used are as smooth as a baby's butt with no "grippy" surfaces to keep you from slipping like on a regular step.
Trevor :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.