new kitten-need a name!

5 weeks old,she was found in a hole by someone and i offered to take her in.my 12 yr old cat is slowly adjusting.i have a pic of her in my album.any ideas on a name?i thought a human name would be best since my adult cats name is Josie

Oh, how cute! Josie is beautiful and the kitten is precious! A few names I can think of is Chloe. Has 'hole' in the name sort of, since she was found in a hole. Or Holly, a spin on 'hole'. Callie since she's a calico. I can't wait to hear other suggestions. How fun. And good for you and Josie to give her a safe forever home!

Does she have any quirky habits or make any noises? I have a cat that we also found but it was during a rain storm so we named her Stormy. Another cat is Taz, short for Tazmanian Devil because she gets into everything! And lastly, Bailey for my male cat because when he was a kitten he was the color of Bailey's Irish Cream. Hope this helps:)

My babies are Seville and Madrid both are male felines. Adrian was previous. Suesue ( sooki-ahki).
Giving you my names to get it churning. I had my cats named before they came home.

Congrats on your new kitty! It was wonderful of you to take in a stray cat. I have 2 senior cats (14yrs old) and love them with all my heart :). Josie looks like my male Tuxedo cat :).

Our family have always been cat lovers. Here are some names of the female cats (past & present) that we've had in our family:

-Sage (yes, like the spice)

-Jade

-Jude

-Princess (very fitting since she acts like one)

Most importantly, what name do you think she looks like?

Natasha

She sure is a lucky and adorable girl!
Ginger, maybe?
Let us know when you find the right name!

I just went to take a look at the kitty, and yes it DOES look like a Ginger! Cute name :).

I love the colors on her! She looks like a long haired Calico. Cutest kitty ever!

I like Taz and Cloe so far.My mom is stuck on the name snickers.She is extremely playful.she claws up from my ankles to my sholders.I would like to add a video of her playing but I get the message that my file is to big and then I would have to pay for it.I hope my cat will accept her.My vet said they cant check her for leukemia for 2 weeks and to keep the cats separated so she is locked in my bathroom. I spend time with her and Josie(separately).I have missed working out because of that.

Laura

josiespcah6ojsh said:
I like Taz and Cloe so far.My mom is stuck on the name snickers.She is extremely playful.she claws up from my ankles to my sholders.I would like to add a video of her playing but I get the message that my file is to big and then I would have to pay for it.I hope my cat will accept her.My vet said they cant check her for leukemia for 2 weeks and to keep the cats separated so she is locked in my bathroom. I spend time with her and Josie(separately).I have missed working out because of that.

Laura

Sounds like she's a climber:) You could name her after a mountain (ex: mount everest and call her everest; mount Rainer and call her Rainer, etc.) Miley Cyrus also has a song called the climb or climb so you could name her Miley or Cyrus.

Good for you for adopting her! But seriously - Locked in bathroom - for 2 weeks? All that tile must be cozy. How about a more comfortable room with somewhere comfy to lay down, maybe a window to look out? Yikes - you could call her Guantanamo.

this is a hard choice.Miley and Callie sound like they might fit.she attacks me with her claws-very sharp.i hope that wears off. i have scratches on my hands and legs.she grabbed my leg so hard i said ouch!i think that scared her so maybe she wont do it anymore.

laura

this is a hard choice.Miley and Callie sound like they might fit.she attacks me with her claws-very sharp.i hope that wears off. i have scratches on my hands and legs.she grabbed my leg so hard i said ouch!i think that scared her so maybe she wont do it anymore.

laura

You need a small squirt bottle of water. When she claws you or climbs up your leg, just spritz the water. You don't even have to hit her with it, they hate the sound. I used that technique when I was kitten sitting 3, rambunctious, Siamese with lung infections. They were badly behaved before, ten days later, all I had to do was shake the bottle and they would back off whatever they were doing. Its not harmful, it doesn't hurt them, and its not destructive. Its more effective than, 'No kitty, down!' and you won't need new legs.:cool:

You need a small squirt bottle of water. When she claws you or climbs up your leg, just spritz the water. You don't even have to hit her with it, they hate the sound. I used that technique when I was kitten sitting 3, rambunctious, Siamese with lung infections. They were badly behaved before, ten days later, all I had to do was shake the bottle and they would back off whatever they were doing. Its not harmful, it doesn't hurt them, and its not destructive. Its more effective than, 'No kitty, down!' and you won't need new legs.:cool:

It worked for my cat!

Miley and Callie are both very cute names!

Jenniferlove said:
It worked for my cat!

Miley and Callie are both very cute names!

So adorable..i just love kittens!!! Precious!!! Take lots of pics as they grow up so fast!!!!

I forgot about the squirt bottle! I use to use it on my cat so I still have it.I also thought of the name Jewels.I wonder what her parents looked like since she has some pink fur.Never seen a pink cat.

laura

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.