Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Talk about anything you like in this forum including other videos you like or dislike.We would like to once again remind everyone that we donít allow posts from people whose end purpose is to sell or promote other companies DVDs. We want open discussion to continue to be used by fitness enthusiast and our customers who want to openly and honestly discuss fitness DVDs, not to be used by other companies to promote their website or sell their products.

Need shoes for plyometrics/Insanity

This is a discussion on Need shoes for plyometrics/Insanity within the Open Discussion forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Hi everyone, I just started Insanity a few days ago, and my current shoes just aren't cutting it for all ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 04:57 PM
Cathlete
LeanneM's Profile Fields

Default Need shoes for plyometrics/Insanity

Hi everyone,

I just started Insanity a few days ago, and my current shoes just aren't cutting it for all the plyometric moves in these workouts. I tried searching the forum for shoe recommendations, but nothing is coming up. Can anyone suggest some good shoes for all the plyo moves?

Thanks in advance!

Leanne

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." --
Mahatma Gandhi

"Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things, and still be calm in your heart." -- Unknown

Old 07-30-2009, 05:16 PM
amanda12485

I am also intrested in this, I am thinking cross trainers?
Old 07-30-2009, 05:26 PM
Cathlete
LeanneM's Profile Fields

Yes, I saw that Beachbody recommended crosstrainers for these workouts, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of a particular model/style that is especially good.

Leanne

Mahatma Gandhi

"Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things, and still be calm in your heart." -- Unknown

Old 07-30-2009, 06:42 PM
Cathlete

I just got Asics Gel Intensity Crosstrainers. They work very well for all of those plyo moves in Insanity. I tried Insanity with my running shoes and my old Rykas and they just didn't cut it. They do seem a bit slippery on the step, however.

If it makes any difference to you, my feet are almost flat and I have a hard time finding a good pair of shoes. I'm happy with the Gel Intensity. My feet don't hurt any more. I plan to buy another pair to have when these wear out.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:47 PM
Cathlete
LeanneM's Profile Fields

Thanks so much! Those sound like just what I've been looking for!

Leanne

Mahatma Gandhi

Old 07-30-2009, 07:14 PM
Cathlete

Leanne,

I ordered mine 1/2 size larger than my regular shoe size. They fit very well that way.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:56 AM
Cathlete
LeanneM's Profile Fields

Thanks for the tip!

Leanne

Mahatma Gandhi

Old 07-31-2009, 10:00 AM
Cathlete

thanks for the asics recommendation. i just ordered them from www.zappos.com and i got them 1/2 bigger as you recommended. I've been doing plyo workouts in my running sneaks and its just not working out.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:02 PM
Cathlete
LeanneM's Profile Fields

Thanks again for the Asics recommendation. They didn't quite work with my high arches, but the Ryka Assist XT worked great! No foot or arch pain!

Leanne

Mahatma Gandhi

Old 08-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Cathlete

Thanks for this thread! I was wondering if I needed certain shoes for Insanity. I just started this week and have been noticing arch pain. I've never had an issue with arch pain before but figured I probably should get new shoes. When I workout at home, I usually only use my old running shoes but that's just not working for Insanity... Hopefully new shoes will take that pain away...