Need Pushup Shoes

nicolegadino

Cathlete
I know this sounds weird, but in a lot of the videos, Cathe is doing pushups on her toes, and with all the sneakers I have (and its a lot), they all bend so I am on the balls of my feet.

What the heck kind of sneakers do you wear that don't bend at the ball of your foot?

I attached a picture of Cathe doing this, just in case you think I am crazy!

Attachments

• cathe_wallpaper_015_preview.jpg
    cathe_wallpaper_015_preview.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 41
I must bend my foot also because a lot of times my shoes pop off during push ups? It's weird because they stay on while running?

Becky

I can't imagine doing them on straight toes. That sounds painful! I am bending my toes and using the balls of my feet always during push ups.

Are you sure it doesn't just appear that Cathe is using her toes staight? The photo might be deceiving. (I can't really tell from the photo you posted)

Anybody out there do push ups without bending your toes? If so, why?

You're supposed to be on the balls of your feet when you do 'toe' push-ups. The toes aren't strong enough to support that much weight, whereas the balls of the feet are more sturdy because of more bone/ligament/tendon/muscle mass vs. the toes.

I always thought the balls of your feet too, but I am just thinking that Cathe wears much sturdier sneakers than I have, because it looks like hers dont bend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.