Need new fitness shoes?

maddiesmum

Cathlete
Look no further!

Asics Gel Craze TR.

I got this last month and love it. I used to wear the heavy Ryka's that you see Cathe and crew wearing on the CTX series for example, and I've tried the fitness shoes she wears on recent series and they are still too clunky for me. Too much shoe.

A recent thread here on the forums mentioned this Asics Gel Craze and I have to second that endorsement.

I was wearing my Asics running shoes to do my step workouts and weight training, but no more. These new shoes have the wider lateral support I need across the widest part of the forefoot, and it provides excellent stability. They also have a low, slim-line look, are available in crazy, funky colour combos so they look on-trend, and the cushioning is perfect. You no longer have to get an enormous actual she to get good cushioning.

I have done Cathe's Boot Camp, KCM's Plateau Buster and Cathe's Step Blast in them, with those interval blasts at the end, and the shoes performed famously for all of these.

So, I shall now keep buying them each year with successive updates until they discontinue them. Happy customer.

Clare

Thanks Clare,

I am on the hunt for new shoes, my currant ones are starting to wear out.
Going to look into these Asics Gel Craze TR, thanks for the info:):)

Brigitte:)

What is the sizing like? I used to wear a 6.5 in Ryka, then they changed their sizing. Now I'm a size 7. Is the sizing similar?

It is most definitely NOT a running shoe: the cushioning is not as it needs to be for a running shoe (running shoes have a more built up heel for heel striking) and it is wider at the forefoot than a running shoe needs. It is this width that gives it fab support for plyo and HiiT though.

Sizing: I wear an 8 and 1/2 in Asics shoes, which is exactly my street shoe size. I used to order a 9 in Rykas. Asics runs truer to size than Ryka.

I order from amazon or zappos most of the time because they do free returns no questions asked, and I get to use bonus points from my Discover card which is tied to my amazon account to reduce the cost of purchases. Something to think about if to are a Discovercard carrier.

I got the Gel Craze in the black with white and pink accents:

Currently, amazon has it for lower prices!

Amazon.com: ASICS Women's GEL-Craze TR Cross-Training Shoe: Shoes

CLare

Thanks for this info, Clare. What do you think about using them to workout on carpet? The Rykas I've used have been fine for this, so I was wondering about these Asics. So glad to know another shoe. Also, how's the arch support?

Sorry I can't answer either question:

1) I work out on tiles in my basement for step, and I put down a thick mat for plyo. I have no problems with either. I should imagine carpet is way easier to move on in these shoes than thick rubber matting!

2) I have a prescription 1/2 orthotic to raise my heels up more than the level of the insole of the shoe, so my arch support is always mega and firm as a result.

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.