Need Help with workout suggestions!

madhura

Hi,

I am not new to Cathe or working out but starting Jan I completely stopped working out, ate like crazy n now am at 131 pounds (Height 5'2'').

Yesterday I woke up n said enough is enough!

So took out muscle max! Am proud that I could do it but now I am at half my weights (that is if Cathe does 40 pound barbell I can do only 20, or when she is on 15 pounds I have 8 with me:) ). I know slow n steady I will get there but I cannot imagine I let myself to where I am today!

I also went for a Hip-Hop class yesterday nite and ate clean food. I literally threw out all the junk! Read in Wallstreet that active women should restrict sugar (not from veggies or fresh fruits) to 100 grms or 5 teaspoons. So will do that as well.

Today I did Legs and Glutes.

I need to lose 10 pounds to start!

My Goal is: Lose 10 pounds, n also drop inches 3 inches on my waist and on my butts and thighs. I dont know how long this will take???

I am heavy on lower body: Bust 35, Lower waist 35.5, Belly Button 31.5, Butt 39, Thighs max 23 - weight 131 n height 5'2''

In order to for weight loss and drop inches what should I do???
-------------------------------------------------------------
Option1: 3 days cardio (running, elliptical, Cathe steps, KPC) and 3 days weights (2 days B&G/ Legs&Glutes and Upper Body) or

Anything different like more cardio or less cardio or weights???

I don't have a job currently so cannot buy any new dvds.....STS is on my list but I guess it will have to wait...

Thanks in advance for your advice!!!

Have a fabulous day!

M

I believe that every body is different and different things work for different bodies. After having my baby in July 2008, I had 40-50 pounds to take off. It slowly happened for me. I definitely hit a plateau in May. At that point I was running 3 times a week and doing strength training (supersets and muscle endurance) 3 times I week. I started to up the cardio. Instead of running I did a Cathe cardio dvd (started with Body max 2 cardio only premix). Now I do two days pure cardio (dvd or running/elliptical) two days circuit type workout (cardio and weights premix on BM2 is awesome in my opinion, but I have problem areas in my upper, not lower body). And two days of strength (ME). So now, I am getting more cardio, and at different intensities which I believe is shocking the last stubborn pounds off (10 to go baby!). Once in a while I will throw in Boot Camp to shock it up. Being that you want to focus on lower body as well, I would suggest looking at Low Max. It is a great low impact cardio workout that really tones the legs like nobody's business. If you don't have Body Max 2, look into that one. It is a long, long workout, but the premixes and the music on that one is awesome. I feel like I got five different workouts on one dvd with that one.

I hope that helps. You know, I have seen others say on here that you have to keep experimenting and changing it up to keep getting results, and I think that is so true.

good luck!

Kristin

I know slow n steady I will get there but I cannot imagine I let myself to where I am today!

I I dont know how long this will take???

I don't have a job currently so cannot buy any new dvds.....STS is on my list but I guess it will have to wait...

M

Well, you already know the answer, . .slow and steady and as far as how long it will take as the previous poster mentioned everyone is different BUT staying at your goal weight is a life long commitment and you'll have to be ready to accept the fact that there are no quick solutions and that eating right and exercise have to be as daily as brushing your teeth.
Also you don't need a lot of DVD's for weight loss. Muscle Max and Legs and Glutes are great and walking and running are free, . . . with the exception for running shoes but the best advice I can give as a former fat girl is have fun with your exercise that way you'll be more opt to do it and as far as the eating don't restrict yourself so much that you'll gorge by the end of the week and end up feeling defeated. Cause there is no such thing as defeat you're in charge and you can do it! Good luck!

Thanks Kristin for the rotation feedback. I will start with 3 days cardio as you say n see where it takes me:)

Have fun!

Madhu

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.