Need help loosing last 10 lbs

hannahsmom

Hi!

I have lost 53 lbs in 2 yrs and have kept it off but have hit a major plateau now for 9 months. I would like to loose 10 lbs mainly in my midsection. I have the most trouble with hips and thighs. I am also trying to maintain my upper body definition and loose those jiggly arms (triceps). The only Cathe tape I have so far is Kickmax. I would like to buy a few more but can't afford so many at once. Do I need to buy all the tapes suggested in rotation? What rotation would you recommend and with what tapes? (I was hoping to only maybe purchase 3). For toning I have Slim and Lean and Slim Series.

Teresa

How many calories are you getting a day? Besides eating very clean and getting enough good calories, KPC is a good one to start with and bbm workout which is basically....

20 sets of the following with or without weights

hamstring curls
squats
walking lunges or static lunges ( your choice )
deadlifts
leg presses
cable kickbacks
plie squats

If you follow a very clean diet and work your bottom half at least 4 days a week, you should see some results.

Charlotte~~

Teresa, First of all, congratulations on your weight loss!!! Keep focused!

You really can't go wrong with any of Cathe's DVDs. Since you can't buy a lot at once, decide on your goals. You'll need cardio and strength. The Imax workouts will really get your matabolism moving, which is maybe what you need right now. Some of these may come with weight workouts on the DVDs, not sure right off hand. HTH

Thanks. I think I'm not eating enough and that's my problem. My goals are mainly to loose flab around hips and thighs. What about upper body then if I do lower 4x a week? Maybe KPC and IMAX 2 will be good choices then. Do you know about upper/body pyramid one. Appreciate ideas.

Teresa

Congratulations on your weight loss!!

My sister lost 50 pounds and hit a plateau. She started incorporating more interval training and the pounds just came off. I know that Cathe has some circuit workouts but my sister incorporated many of Mindy Mylrea's interval DVDs. She also looked closely at her diet and tweaked it somemore - i.e. she switched to low sugar juices and cut out the Sunday coffee cake (of which we would split) and paid more attention to her portions. This really worked. I know that sometimes we stick with something for a while because it's working but I find that tweaking my diet every couple of months and changing my exercise routine really works.

Keep at it and you will reach your goals!

Congratulations, first of all. Second of all I would suggest incorporating maybe some interval workouts. I would start with IMAX2, it's a little less intense than 1 & 3, but highon the fun factor. Then also I would think about adding in some circuit workouts. So, maybe get the IMAX 2 and Cardio & weights DVD. There are tons of options for you on that dvd.
Also, just what everyone else said, maybe take a journal of what you are eating for a week and then tweek your diet where you can. Losing weight is 80% diet 20% working out.
Good luck!

Kathy

I am ordering Mindy's Cardio Toolbox tomorrow. I was going to get 1 or 2 new Cathe one's too and can't decide which ones. That's so good to know about interval training, that's exactly what I just started doing. Do you know if Mindy's interval is better than Fat Blaster from TJ? I am doing that one and now recently I just added Kickmax for more intense cardio. Or should I just stay with Fat Blaster?

Teresa

One more thing. Thanks for diet part. You guys are all right about that. I just cut one snack out in afternoon (I eat way too many usually 3-4) and will see how that goes. I am going to try and cut 2 snacks down actually and maybe just have 2 snacks in afternoon. I am trying to eat a bigger breakfast too see if I don't get as hungry later in day. Even though I already cut way down on snack part used to eat about 8-9 believe it or not I still struggle with that. I am such a sugar holic and I kid myself by saying oh, I'll just work it off later or I had a good workout this morning so it's ok.

Teresa

Hi Teresa,

I've haven't done the Fat Blaster from TJ so I can't compare it to Mindy's interval. I can suggest the following DVDs from Mindy: Slammin' Sport Cardio, Extreme Intervals and Interval Express. You can view them on Collage Video.

Thanks Jane. I will check them out.

I have another question. How often should I do the intervals tapes? If I got IMAX2 and a Mindy tape say? I am doing Kickmax 3days a week and treadmill (interval cardio coach) 2 days, along with 3 days of strength. Trying to incorporate 3days of abs too.

Teresa

Her tapes are pretty intense and Mindy usually suggests 2-3 times a week. If you are just starting out with her tapes, I would suggest 2 times a week. You shouldn't do them back to back either.

Good Luck!

And don't feel bad if you need to start out with a few intervals adding one or two at a time to an interval session...they are tough!!!
Angela:p

Are you aware that Cathe's workouts are cut down a little and put on FitTV? I don't know if you have access to cable tv or someone that does. But, if affording them is the issue tape them and then workout when you want. Although, you'll love them all and eventually have to get them. My Cathe addiction has definatly had an effect on my wallet. Good luck!
Heather

Unfortunately, we don't have fittv on our cable. I wish we had though. I have decided to do 3days kickboxing, 2 days intervals, 3 days strength, 3 days abs. I will probably workout 5 days a week.
Teresa

Teresa, 52 pounds is phenomonal! People often fail to realize that you need a surplus of calories to put on lean muscle mass essential. I like to trick my body and I do mainly two types of roatations. Heavy strength with moderate cardio and and plenty calories to build muscle mass. That is followed by moderate strength and intense, longer cardio to burn fat. My calorie intake stays about the same through each roataion but by doing less cardio in the heavy strength phase, I have a high enough calorie intake to build. When I am happy with my strength gains, boosting my cardio targets the fat I want to get rid of. I change the types of rotataions I do frequently because it prevents boredom. Circuit workouts are excellent plateau busters and Bootcamp is my favorite one. A weekly circuit workout can really get results! I like mine during my intense cardio phase. I usually do splits, one upper one lower body moderate weight strength workout and one circuit along with mid-intesnity and slightly shorter cardio workouts. Sometimes I do one or two body parts per week as in CTX and Timesaver. My body never knows whats coming and that is a great way to get the results you want. Never give your body a chance to adapt to one type of rotation before hitting the next.

Good luck. Having already done such a great job, I know you will toast those last ten pounds! :)
Bobbi "Chicks rule!"http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/tiere/animal-smiley-032.gif
Tell me what you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? -Mary Oliver
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/linie/smiley-linie-008.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.