My poor dog

lesliemarie

Cathlete
Last night my hubby was eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and decided he didn't want to eat the rest of it so he fed it to our dog and it got stuck to the roof of her mouth and she tried for 5 minutes to get it off LOL it was so funny to watch her mouth and her toungue! I wonder if she will ever eat another one again LOL

I did that once to my cocker Spainel when I was a kid. I felt so bad for him that I tried to get it off for him. He actually growled at me! He never did that. So I ended up getting him his water and that helped. I will never do that again, I still feel bad that I did it. OH well, it was funny until I realised he wasn't having any fun. Then I felt bad.

Kathy

Those "Got Milk" ads with the yellow lab have been on tv & one night we actually tried it with our dog. It was so funny to watch & she just loves peanut butter.

Awww-poor doggie. I'm sure it was funny to watch but poor thing didn't have a clue what was going on huh?

Catherine

Colleen....

Colleen,

How much peanut butter do you put in the Kong? Do you fill it up or just put a little on the inner walls? Does it make a mess? Does your dog ever throw the Kong in the air and let it bounce on the ground?

I mash Snausages into Onyx's Kong and she throws it in the air and lets it bounce to knock the Snausages out. I'm afraid she would do the same with peanut butter and I would get peanut butter all over my floors, furniture and walls but it's something I'd love to try because she'd get a kick out it.

Shelley http://www.animatedgif.net/animals/dogs/animatedrex_e0.gif

Aww, lesliemarie lol! This reminds me of when my dog got duct tape stuck to the bottom of his paw! He loves the play with tape, and when my dad was doing a project, he stepped on a wad of it. I had to soak his foot in the tub and slather it with vaseline to get it off!

My son loves peanut butter and jelly sandwiches but he doesn't eat it all and last night I was looking at my dog going nuts with her tongue and I kept looking and wondering what she was doing and it dawned on me after she got some water that she ate the rest of my son's PB&J sandwich. I guess she didn't learn from the first time she ate it LOL.

RE: Colleen....

>Colleen,
>
>How much peanut butter do you put in the Kong? Do you fill it
>up or just put a little on the inner walls? Does it make a
>mess? Does your dog ever throw the Kong in the air and let it
>bounce on the ground?

My dogs don't toss them. Oddly with 4 dogs, none of them toss them. They lick it out so fast that it doesn't normally make a mess. I have one dog, a lab mix, that no matter what type of bone you give her, she gets it all over herself and anything around her so she gets her bone in a crate. I fill it to the max with PB or I put PB in and stuff kibble or treats mixed in with the PB. So far, the carpet has stayed cleaner than if I give bones!

Colleen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.