my new addiction is...........

trprwife

Cathlete
these Cathe forums. I am a newbie to this website, but I have been a fan of Cathe's for sometime (probably 4 years now). I love the forums. I have the best time talking about fitness and the like and I feel that I have some good advice. unfortunatly, not alot of my friends are really into fitness. you know the type, complain about wanting to loose weight, but not wanting to do anything about it....always trying the latest weight loss gag instead of doing the tried and true effort of eat less, move more......asking me how i stay in shape and wanting advice, but when i tell them, they think i am crazy. Anywho, i am getting some great motivation from all of you gals.....thanks.

Kim

When annoying people ask me how I stay in shape I say I inject the blood of virgin reindeer through my eye directly into my pituitary each morning so I don't have to exercise or diet. It shuts them right up and they don't ask again.

Yeah, I know what you mean. My husbands cousin e-mailed me the other day after seeing me for the first time in a long time at a wedding . . . "Oh, you look so good! How did you lose so much weight?" Etc. When I told her, she wrote back and said, "Oh. Well, I don't really want to work that hard." :) Essentially, "never mind." What a hoot!

I know, I love this place to.I came here a couple of yrs ago and posted a question for Cathe but after that I couldn't even figure out where I posted it and even if it got answered.It's only been in the last yr that I come here on a regular basis,everyday.I start my morning out here.I just love it.
I love it when you post something and someone answers.I think we are all here to help each other.
LOri

I have to agree with here. I really enjoy coming on here everyday(sometimes 2-3 times! :eek: ). I'm the only one I know so interested in fitness. My husband listens and gives me "advice" but it's not the same as you guys! I love knowing there are others that think and feel the same as I do that I can just post a question to and know someone will help. It's a great place to be! Susan

I know what you mean about finally finding a fitness community (like the alliteration? I should have continued with "fitness friends") you can relate to . None of my friends and acquaintances are particularly interested in fitness. The closest anyone comes is a good friend who has had a weight problem for a while, and finally lost weight by following the "curves" diet that another friend of hers had turned her on to. She now uses a Bowflex that her father bought for her for her birthday, but she's definitely not into it as much as I am into my workouts.

Another coworker is concerned about staying in shape (sort of) and I have passed some videos on to her, as well as a stability ball. I think she probably hasn't used them yet.

As for people who don't want to do what it takes to get and stay in shape, our former secretary was one of those whiners who continuously complained about the weight she couldn't lose (as well as her aches and pains and high blood pressure and high glucose, etc., etc.). I try not to be too pushy with diet and exercise advice, but when she would express interest, I'd suggest she get on a walking program and also suggested some changes to her diet (ie: eating more veggies and whole foods, and cutting down/out the cheesburgers, piles of restaurant mashed potatoes, etc. --though I did approach her more tactfully than that, making small suggestions here and there). Well, that was too much for her, even though she said she'd "do anything" to lose weight. Evidently, the only "anuthing" she was interested in was some kind of pill (she got some shaklee diet program) or shake (She'd have a slim fast shake for lunch a couple of days in a row, then have a cheeseburger and fries for lunch the following day). She was even considering taking phen-fen (sp?) right before it was taken off the market.

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-09-03 AT 12:06PM (Est)[/font][p]I feel the same way (and I visit a couple of other forums also). I just wanted to add that I'm really grateful to have this exercise addiction...I'm so glad that I enjoy it and have made it a regular part of my day for the last couple of years. I also have friends and family who don't want to work that hard. I used to feel that way and it's HARD to find the motivation to start exercising and stick with it. I feel lucky.

My Mom commented the other day that I have gone overboard with my video purchases ;-) . She changed her tune when I pointed out that I use them all (and have for a good while) and that I'm doing something healthy. I asked her not to project what she can't and won't do, onto me. (My Mom is great, BTW. She just had a moment) So glad to know there are 'others' out there just like me!!!! :-cool .

Robin http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/flower.gif

I am addicted too...i come to the forums daily and usually 3-4 times.Its so nice being able to chat with people who love working out (and with Cathe) as much as you do.Some of my friends have such a screwed up idea of fitness ...but what do you do about it???So I love coming here for advice...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.