My basement gym

LauraMax

Cathlete
OK since my sticky idea went over like gangbusters NOT, I figured I'd go ahead & show off my basement. I know, while it is a nice w/o space, it's nothing compared to what some of you ladies have. But what's cool is I have before pics too. :) And what I love most about this room is I did every single thing myself, right down to hanging the mirrors, so I'm very proud of it. ;)

The before pic is from July 2007. Crap, I think I have to put it in a separate post b/c the file's too big. The most recent pics (attched) are from last week. Took about 1.5 years to do myself, but it was so worth it!

Only thing missing is the aerobics flooring, which I just might have by summer.

Attachments

• Basement After north side.jpg
    Basement After north side.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 360
  • Basement after south side.jpg
    Basement after south side.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 338
Looks GREAT Laura!! I really like your w/o buddy! What I would do for my own W/O room - dare to dream. I make do with the living room. Better than nothing.
You did an awesome job. You have every right to be proud!!

I thought your sticky idea was fantabulous! The space looks great - especially the hot little workout buddy you have :) Lots of work - great job with it. I redid my bedroom aka gym and have more room now, which is great b/c I don't have to cart everything into the living room now.

Laura it looks great. You did an awesome job. And your dog is so cute!!

I would love to be able to do that but my kids still play in our basement so I can't 'convert' it yet. I did just get a dumbbell storage rack though. It did make my room much neater and less cluttered

chrissy

Wow! Great job! It looks awesome. And it's amazing what a huge improvement it was just to paint the walls white.

Amy

Oh man, that wood paneling was SO hard to paint! I will never paint paneling again.

This is what my workout buddy REALLY looks like in my basement.

Attachments

• Max.jpg
    Max.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 112
This is my latest pic of my Pretty Penny. Is this a December calendar pic or what? :)

Not that I'm biased or anything. ;)

Attachments

• Penny Xmas 2008.jpg
    Penny Xmas 2008.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 110
Panelling is a pain, eh? I have it in my dog's bedroom and want to paint it. I may wait on that for awhile then. Or maybe hire someone. :)

It definitely looks better - more like some place you want to spend some time. Your pug is hilarious. Such funny little dogs.

Your workout room looks great. I'm jealous. My dream is to have a workout room in the basement some day. Fortunately, our master bedroom is pretty big, so that's where all my equipment is and where I workout for now.

And most importantly, no workout room is complete without the pup!
~michelle

Flooring?

Laura, what an improvement! The white paint makes it look so much brighter and more inviting (larger, too).

What kind of flooring are you putting down? I have rubber on one side of my workout room but some kind of engineered wood-like flooring on the other. After years of sticking to the carpeting in my old house (ouch -- my knees!), I wanted something that I could move on.

Looks Great!! Much brighter than the before Picture.

I currently workout in my livingroom. It is hard sometime because of the all distractions.

Kathryn, I think I'm getting the Tileflex flooring (http://www.greatmats.com/products/tileflex.php). The only problem is, I don't have a sump pump in my basement so I do get water maybe once a year if it rains really hard.

I guess it's a risk I'm willing to take--I love the room but what I've done has done absolutely nothing for re-sale value (unless a short athletic person wants to buy the place ;)). I think this stuff would help that, plus really make the room look beautiful.

P.S. the room is blue & green ladies! Only the trim is white! :p

I am so jealous of you people with basements! I have lived my whole life in the south - I've never even seen a basement (except in pics)! :p

Very, very nice! :D

I have a good size space in our basement, but since we rent, I can't do anything extra to it.
I have barn mats under puzzle mats, it's very 'industrial':rolleyes: looking with the concrete walls and pipes and all the floor beams.
But at least it is nice and roomy and all mine ;)

But, boy, is it cold down there in the winter!

The transformation is amazing. I am so jealous!!! It would be great to go downstairs and just start working out as opposed to having to drag everything out of the closet. I miss having a basement soooooo bad!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.