more bad tv with 'more to love' ;)

dr.mel_PT

Cathlete
i am the queen of horrible reality tv. has anyone seen this show? i feel so bad for some of the girls that are on it. if youve never been in a relationship, why would you subject yourself to a reality dating show?! im watching these girls get so attached to someone they dont even know, getting all upset when he spends more time with someone else and even calling him their boyfriend. then they start crying. i dont even know why i keep watching but i do, and i get more and more annoyed each time. UGH!! lol

i am the queen of horrible reality tv. has anyone seen this show? i feel so bad for some of the girls that are on it. if youve never been in a relationship, why would you subject yourself to a reality dating show?! im watching these girls get so attached to someone they dont even know, getting all upset when he spends more time with someone else and even calling him their boyfriend. then they start crying. i dont even know why i keep watching but i do, and i get more and more annoyed each time. UGH!! lol

I've just seen the promos for this, and it doesn't interest me in the least.

Sounds like some of these contestants are emotionally disturbed (though maybe not anymore than some other "reality" TV participants?)

I'm not a fan of reality shows.

I certainly understand the attraction of them. It's natural to be curious about other people, and a reality show lets you in other people's lives (even if it's not completely authentic).

But I also see the damage it does. I think it encourages questionable behavior on the part of many participants ~ after all, the ones who create the most trouble receive the most attention in the media. I also think it hurts society in general, as we the audience now have an excuse to find entertainment in other people's misery. I fear we'll really start devaluing each other.

As for the specific show you mentioned, Melissa...hee, sorry about that free philosophical moment in the previous paragraphs :) ... I imagine these girls, despite the tears, are finding value in being on TV. That would explain why they would subject themselves to unnecessary drama.

I have watched it a couple of times.

The thing that stands out the MOST to me is this Luke guy comes across as a total sleezebag. I can't stand him. Every time he opens his mouth, I just roll my eyes. He's just full of "bar pick up one liners".

Like you said, some of these girls have never even been in a relationship. I think it's very cruel to subject them to this. He is treating them in a way they have never experienced, and then sending them home.

Other dating reality shows are bad enough, but at least the women in them are a bit tougher and have been around the block a few times. They aren't quite as emotionally unstable.

I had to laugh this week. He sent home that cocky girl from Atlanta that thought she had the deal all sewn up. I think she got ahead of herself!

Jeanne Marie, I am 100% with you; I don't get what these girls see in him. My BF and I take turns guessing what cheesy line will come out of his mouth next. We make it into a game lol! He is not even fun to watch...0 personality.

So why do I keep watching? I really don't even know. I just like bad TV!!

I caught one or two of these shows ..... it's really like watching a sad train wreck. I was hoping to see larger, yet confident, secure women going for what they want (weight not being an issue). Geeze, I was so wrong. All I saw was a bunch of overweight totally insecure females throwing themselves at a groping icky male with nothing to offer (oh, silly me, I forgot he's male)...like he's the last man ever on earth. It's pitiful and makes all those woman look like emotional psycho cases. Heck, the guy dismissed one of the only women in the bunch who showed a bit of self-confidence. Maybe he really doesn't just want a large women but a totally insecure one....uh, maybe so she won't leave him for something better??

They should have picked better contestants.....it makes it look like all single large women are insecure and depressed over their weight. I just know that can't be true. Urgh. More importantly, they should have picked a better prize (..eww).

robin think you hit the nail on the head with he doesn't want a woman with high self esteem(regardless of weight) he just wants his own security that he can have control, still do what he wants, but since the woman would be insecure she would put up with it.

i am quite larger then a size 2 and i try really hard on a day to day basis to feel good about myself but when the "average" woman is portrayed as a boy crazy psycho it just doesn't help. whether they be a size 2 or a size 22 it just gives woman overall a bad name to look so clingy. these woman overall on these dating reality shows just make a lot of us look bad. i am not clingy, i won't say i wouldn't be hurt if my dh is something unforgivable like cheat but i would have no qualms packing his crap and telling him to the hit the road with the gal,she can put up with it b/c i deserve more respect than that. that is just me and i wouldn't last long on these shows b/c i don't play the rules well LOL.

as somebody mentioned in another thread long before, this is what other countries see and this is what is presented to be america. that is just sad to be seen as dramatic oversexed whiney clingy women.

kassia

robin think you hit the nail on the head with he doesn't want a woman with high self esteem(regardless of weight) he just wants his own security that he can have control, still do what he wants, but since the woman would be insecure she would put up with it.

i am quite larger then a size 2 and i try really hard on a day to day basis to feel good about myself but when the "average" woman is portrayed as a boy crazy psycho it just doesn't help. whether they be a size 2 or a size 22 it just gives woman overall a bad name to look so clingy. these woman overall on these dating reality shows just make a lot of us look bad. i am not clingy, i won't say i wouldn't be hurt if my dh is something unforgivable like cheat but i would have no qualms packing his crap and telling him to the hit the road with the gal,she can put up with it b/c i deserve more respect than that. that is just me and i wouldn't last long on these shows b/c i don't play the rules well LOL.

as somebody mentioned in another thread long before, this is what other countries see and this is what is presented to be america. that is just sad to be seen as dramatic oversexed whiney clingy women.

kassia

That's what I wanted to see....the so called "average" women portrayed as comfortable in her own skin. I was hoping to see a group of self confident females finally telling the world, "This is me! I'm happy with myself ...let's move on." Geeze, that's not what I saw. I felt like they all were worried about how fat they looked in every scene....and some of them really looked lovely and should have been glowing.

I guess the part that bothers me the most is that this guy is portrayed as almost their last chance for happiness and we all know that isn't so. Like I said before...he just seems like an octopus with no bounds. Someone needed to smack him....and rightfully so.

I admit...I've never been overweight, but that guy deserves such a big smack across his face and those girls need to know they are worth something and it has absolutely nothing to do with what they weigh. They are so much more than that. I say throw him to the curb and be happy!

The self-confident girl who was let go really was the lucky one....I liked her. She was comfortable in her body. Now she is the one who really won the prize. ;)

What I found very irritating from the ads, is the way they hype this as being about 'real' women, 'normal' women (sorry, weighing 200+ pounds may be "average" nowdays, but it's hardly anymore 'real' or 'normal' than being any other size).

I just caught another new reality TV show that I watched some of (I fascinated and repelled at the same time, as I felt as a kid seeing a decomposing bit of roadkill). It's called "My Antonio," and it's about Antonio Sabáto Jr. looking for luv (as in "sex with a bunch of desperate-for-attention fake-looking women: Fully 2/3 of the contestants have huge fake boobs--I was afraid some of them would tip over--and overbleached hair).

The kicker to the series is-- I guess from the previews of future shows--that Antonio's former wife comes on and tries to win him back. Aside from the eye candy of Antonio (who, however, is looking a bit soft over his once nicely defined muscle), it's one of the worst reality TV shows I recall seeing (though I haven't seen that many, thank goodness---hard to do, I know, with them being omnipresent on the tube these days).

kathryn ugh when my sister was visiting i had to watch the first show. he kicked off a woman in 5min b/c her feet looked weird. what an a%% he doesn't deserve a good woman if he is going not give a person a chance based on feet.

i walked out the room after 10 min of that garbage. i guess if anybody was confident they wouldn't try a reality dating show to get a date. :cool:

kassia

My step-sister was on an MTV reality show. It was really terrible. I watched it because I'm related to her. When she got kicked off the show, I was so happy that I didn't have to watch it any more.

I only watched the Real World when I was a teen--it was the first 2-3 seasons, so that tells you how old I am.

My step-sis had just graduated college, was laid-off from her job, and living in the Detroit suburbs without a lot of job prospects, so I suppose I can see why she did it. She did actually get a few doors opened for her professionally, but it's obvious that they set up situations to bring out the worst in people.

Most of these dating reality shows are scripted anyway, or a PR stunt to get has-beens back on the scene. I find it hard to believe that Antonio Sabato Jr has ANY trouble getting women in the "real" world!!! And remember the whole Rock of Love fiasco? Bret Michaels now sells out shows and he sucks! None of the relationships last on these shows. People (like me) just tune in for the train wreck.

The main thing that bothers me with this More to Love show is that it doesn't seem like these girls are on for their 15 min, unlike the other dating shows. It seems like they really think they're getting something worthwhile out of it. Like someone else mentioned, a lot of them seem to not be 100% there emotionally. It's just pathetic.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.