MonaVie

SpeedKills31

This is a question for Kathryn or other vegetarians/vegans, is MonaVie worth the money? I thought about trying the energy one but they listed "fillers" before the main ingredient which is the acai and it turned me off. Also, any brands of acai juices that are good/worth the money? I drank some Bossa Nova I bought from whole foods and it was delicious. Any help would greatly be appreciated! :)

Hi, I'm not a vegetarian or vegan, but I have tried Monavie. I thought it was good and my energy may have increased slightly, but I decided against getting any more. I did even look as signing up as a distributor, but was turned off by the MLMness of it. I have tried other juices and do not think they have been as good as Monavie, but still the cost of Monavie is offputting. I found some powder for juice at vitacost.com called Garden Greens Acai Splash which seems interesting. One of the reviewers said it was as good as Monavie. I plan on ordering some of this later this week.

Shayne

I am a Monavie distributor and I have been drinking the Pulse juice for about 2 months now. I have an age spot on my face that I have had since I was 30 and been on these forums trying to find the right cream, etc. to get rid of the damn thing. It is almost gone now since I have been drinking the juice. I can hardly believe it. Not only that, but I sleep like the dead and have more energy. You get what you pay for. The stuff is alittle more expensive because it cost more money to process the juice as it is freeze dried and every bit of the fruit is in the juice even down to the fatty oils which is outstanding for the body. I sell the stuff and been doing great so far. We have just started and already have people joining and in no time our juice will pay for itself. They have the energy drinks out now which is completely natural and no caffeine. You basically drink the juice for $4 a day so really it is NOT that expensive when you think of how many people spend money on crap. The juice is not hard to sell because it sells itself. You just have to know people that are positive and want to make a difference in their life..health and or making money. Some want to just make money and some want it for health benefits...I just want it all!!!! lol. Besides, drinking the Pulse juice is like drinking 21 glasses of wine without the sugar or alcohol. The Active has the glucosamine in it. Basically with 19 fruits in the juice, including the powerful acai berry is like having 13 servings of fruits in a day and you only have to drink 4 oz of the stuff. If anyone is interested, send me a pm.
Charlotte~~

Last edited:
13 servings of fruit in a 4 oz glass? I am just wondering how that is mathematically possible? I drink 32 oz of fresh juice every morning and that contains only 5 servings. Aside from the fact that they not only freeze dry the fruit but also have to pasteurize it which kills all the enzymes and most vitamins, rendering the juice pretty useless from a health benefit point of view.

A nutritional analysis that had been done on the Monavie juice showed that it was extremely low in anthocyanins and phenolics and that even apple juice (which tests very low) had higher amounts of those flavonoids, the vitamin C content of Monavie juice was 1/5 of Welch's grape juice.

Last year Mona Vie sponsored a study, conducted by AIBMR Life Science which found the the ORAC score of a single raw plum is 3 times that of a 4 oz glass of Mona Vie. AIBMR recorded the total phenolics (combined antioxidants from plants) at 1.48 mg/ml for Mona Vie. This is less than many store shelf juices, including: Pomegranate (3.8 mg) Concord grape (2.6 mg) Blueberry (2.3 mg) and cranberry (1.7 mg) (Data from UCLA, published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry).

Personally, I rather have fresh produce or fresh fruit/vegetable juice but if I were to buy bottled juice I'd go with the cranberry juice for $ 5 a bottle instead of the Mona Vie with undisclosed ingredients for $ 40 a bottle. Talk about a rip-off!

Looking at their ingredients list I wonder how corn syrup solids and sodium benzoate (preservative) would contribute to someone's health?

Last edited:
I've never tried it, nor does it interest me.
I DO use açaí regularly, but I just buy the frozen Sambazon packs (which contain açai and a bit of lecithin and citric acid as stabilizers). I get them from a health-food store, but you can also order online ( www.sambazon.com ). I also get a powder from them that contains just freeze-dried açaí and citric acid. (you can order that from Amazon as well).

I got involved in MonaVie because my brother is a distributor. I really liked the presentation, but the cost during economic times really is a downer. I must say I tried it for a few months and it had me sleeping like a rock. I woke up with so much energy the next morning. I also noticed it kept the inflammation down in my right knee. I signed up to be a distributor, but have not tried to push it because I can barely afford it myself being furloughed 3 days a month. All in all, if I had the funds, I buy it regularly.

I remember you.:rolleyes: It has scientifically been proven that the MonaVie contains the equilavent of approx 13 servings of fruits in just 4 oz. MonaVie is also "flash pasteurized" which means the product is heated for approximately 15-30 seconds and then cooled. This is for safety reasons, to ensure that there are no harmful bacteria, etc. transmitted in the product. Pasteurization, when warranted, is important to rid one of the very real risks of pathogenic contamination and health threatening diseases. Avoiding this very real threat to our health takes precedent over the theoretical and unlikely risk inactivating food enzymes, which have no recognizable purpose in human nutrition. As to the effect of pasteurization on heat labile vitamins, it would not matter since measurements are made AFTER the process of pasteurization is complete. You are guaranteed getting the amounts listed. Minerals are heat stable and not influenced by the pasteurization process. The sodium benzoate is the preservative used in MonaVie. Once the bottle is opened, the fruit mixture would be an ideal medium for pathological organisms were it not for an insignificant and harmless addition of 0.1% sodium benzoate. The acai contains concentrated levels of anthocyanins which is a powerful antioxidant that assist in neutralizing the harmful effects free radicals can have on your body. Through a patent pending freeze dried process, MonaVie captures the vital nutrients found in this delicate fruit. MonaVie's freeze dried acai powder boasts an ORAC score higher then any other fruit or veggie tested to date, on a gram for gram basis! A recent study by AIBMR Life Sciences, Inc. found the following:

In summary, MonaVie Active has not only shown experimentally to increase antioxidant activity in human serum, leading to a decrease in lipid peroxidation in the blood stream, but there is also evidence that MonaVie Active provided antioxidants that are able to penetrate cells! This study CONFIRMS that by drinking four ounces of MonaVie Active containing Brazillian acai berry, the subjects had a significant increase in their antioxidant capacity and inhibition in lipid peroxidation, which reduces the risk of cholesterol being oxidized. Oxidized cholesterol has been shown to contribute to damage to the internal lining of the arteries.

Besides all the obvious that makes MonaVie so good for you, I have, and other people I know that have drank a bottle for a week or longer have significantly noticed they were sleeping better and had more energy. My skin looks better. My husband remembers his dreams now because he is sleeping much deeper. So you can go on and on about anything negative you can come up with or imagine, but I know how it makes me feel, and so do others and that is why I am still drinking it! We feel better and you can't get some $5 bottle of Welch's Grape Juice and expect to feel the way we have been feeling. Plus your just gonna get a bunch of crap in store bought juice drinks. And your also wrong, you can get a bottle of the juice for as low as $21.

I got involved in MonaVie because my brother is a distributor. I really liked the presentation, but the cost during economic times really is a downer. I must say I tried it for a few months and it had me sleeping like a rock. I woke up with so much energy the next morning. I also noticed it kept the inflammation down in my right knee. I signed up to be a distributor, but have not tried to push it because I can barely afford it myself being furloughed 3 days a month. All in all, if I had the funds, I buy it regularly.

Thank you! All people have to do is drink this and they are gonna feel much improved!

The ecomony is a downer right now, but it takes time for any business to grow and we know it will so are really excited to watch it grow. Been to the meetings and there are alot of people making big time money and very positive energy in those meetings. Most of those people started their business about a year or more ago though..so takes time.

I drank Monavie 2 months and experienced no impact whatsoever. My sleeping did not change, I did not experience more energy, and since I have regular blood panels done on me, I can say that my cholestrol levels were not impacted either.

I'm glad that there are many people that have great experiences with it. But I personally feel like I threw away a bunch of money for 4 bottles of fancy juice that did nothing for me.

$40/bottle is simply ridiculous unless this juice can also make me rich and invisible! :)

Well you wouldn't say it was a scam if you were making the big money now, would you? There are waaaayyyy too many people making great money and feeling good so anyone can say anything is a scam. For years, some people said Ebay was a scam. I was a powerseller on there for 2 years and doing great! I choose to be positive about life and go after what I want!

Well you wouldn't say it was a scam if you were making the big money now, would you? There are waaaayyyy too many people making great money and feeling good so anyone can say anything is a scam. For years, some people said Ebay was a scam. I was a powerseller on there for 2 years and doing great! I choose to be positive about life and go after what I want!

Sure, and Bernie Maydoff made many people big money.

Who the hell is Bernie Maydoff? And why are you always attacking people? Every post I ever see from you is an attack on someone.

Go back under your rock.

Sorry, spelled it like you prounce it. It's Madoff. And if you don't know who he is then you've been under a rock. And piss off, I don't attack on every post.

And isn't it great that M.O.R.E. gives pennies away on their profits from those who believe this stuff works. Wow, that really makes me want to buy it.

Charlotte: I think it's great that you have found something that works for you and that you feel passionate about selling. I'll do a little reading and send you a PM if I want to try it.

Sorry, spelled it like you prounce it. It's Madoff. And if you don't know who he is then you've been under a rock. And piss off, I don't attack on every post.

And isn't it great that M.O.R.E. gives pennies away on their profits from those who believe this stuff works. Wow, that really makes me want to buy it.

"Prounce" you must be pronounce. You should talk about spelling. :p

Pennies is not what is changing people's lives over there. Give me a break!

I remember you.:rolleyes: It has scientifically been proven that the MonaVie contains the equilavent of approx 13 servings of fruits in just 4 oz. MonaVie is also "flash pasteurized" which means the product is heated for approximately 15-30 seconds and then cooled. This is for safety reasons, to ensure that there are no harmful bacteria, etc. transmitted in the product. Pasteurization, when warranted, is important to rid one of the very real risks of pathogenic contamination and health threatening diseases. Avoiding this very real threat to our health takes precedent over the theoretical and unlikely risk inactivating food enzymes, which have no recognizable purpose in human nutrition. As to the effect of pasteurization on heat labile vitamins, it would not matter since measurements are made AFTER the process of pasteurization is complete. You are guaranteed getting the amounts listed. Minerals are heat stable and not influenced by the pasteurization process. The sodium benzoate is the preservative used in MonaVie. Once the bottle is opened, the fruit mixture would be an ideal medium for pathological organisms were it not for an insignificant and harmless addition of 0.1% sodium benzoate. The acai contains concentrated levels of anthocyanins which is a powerful antioxidant that assist in neutralizing the harmful effects free radicals can have on your body. Through a patent pending freeze dried process, MonaVie captures the vital nutrients found in this delicate fruit. MonaVie's freeze dried acai powder boasts an ORAC score higher then any other fruit or veggie tested to date, on a gram for gram basis! A recent study by AIBMR Life Sciences, Inc. found the following:

In summary, MonaVie Active has not only shown experimentally to increase antioxidant activity in human serum, leading to a decrease in lipid peroxidation in the blood stream, but there is also evidence that MonaVie Active provided antioxidants that are able to penetrate cells! This study CONFIRMS that by drinking four ounces of MonaVie Active containing Brazillian acai berry, the subjects had a significant increase in their antioxidant capacity and inhibition in lipid peroxidation, which reduces the risk of cholesterol being oxidized. Oxidized cholesterol has been shown to contribute to damage to the internal lining of the arteries.

Besides all the obvious that makes MonaVie so good for you, I have, and other people I know that have drank a bottle for a week or longer have significantly noticed they were sleeping better and had more energy. My skin looks better. My husband remembers his dreams now because he is sleeping much deeper. So you can go on and on about anything negative you can come up with or imagine, but I know how it makes me feel, and so do others and that is why I am still drinking it! We feel better and you can't get some $5 bottle of Welch's Grape Juice and expect to feel the way we have been feeling. Plus your just gonna get a bunch of crap in store bought juice drinks. And your also wrong, you can get a bottle of the juice for as low as $21.

I already said I don't buy bottled juice at all.

So how has it scientifically been proven that 4 oz of Mona Vie is the equivalent to 13 servings of fruit? You don't seriously want to pretend it is better to drink 4 oz of that juice every day than to eat real, fresh fruit and veggies?

I don't know, I don't have to pasteurize the fruits and veggies I eat, nor do I have to do that to the juice that I get out of my juicer. Nor do I have to add any sodium benzoate to any of my food.

Are you talking about the "clinical study" of a whopping 12 people to prove that it increases antioxidant activity for the 6 that didn't get a placebo?

I never said Mona Vie had NO antioxidants, I referred to the MonaVie sponsored AIBMR test results that said Mona Vie juice contains 1.48 mg/ml of antioxdants. I am simply saying that why would anyone spend $ 40 or $ 21 if you become a distributor, if the juice of pomegranate, blueberries or cranberry costs a fraction of the Mona Vie fruit punch and on top of it tests higher for antioxidants. I guess somehow the logic of why I would spend more money and getting less antioxidants somehow escapes me.

Food enzymes have no recognizable purpose in nutrition? According to who? The Mona Vie sales pitch? Come on now!!!

I have been to a Mona Vie sales presentation and I found their tactics to be despicable.

Last edited:
"Prounce" you must be pronounce. You should talk about spelling. :p

Pennies is not what is changing people's lives over there. Give me a break!

Yes, my spelling and grammar are terrible. Make fun of me. That still does not take away from the fact that Monavie is a multi level company and historically speaking these types of businesses are scam's. For every positive review of monavie that you drag up I can find one proving the review to be wrong.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.