Moment of Truth Jan 2nd

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning ladies,

Is anyone around yet??? I had a little sleep in today and I am back to work tonight.:-( But its o.k...gotta work, whats the point in whining about it? No one listens to me anyway:)

Everyone have a good new years? I had a ball, as you can tell from my pictures.We had so much fun.We drank alot of shooters but no one got hammered.We all know our cut off point.Everytime I went to the bathroom I would look in the mirror and all I could see were these laugh lines around my mouth.I must have been continously smiling.

Wendy- Your dress was beautiful that you wore! I had a one piece suit that was awfully tight:eek: But lucky for me, it was suppose to be that way! LOL. I bet you had a blast to.Its so much fun to spend time with family and friends.Especially when everyone gets along so well!

Susan- Are you out there? Do you modify BFL in anyway? How do you do it? My meals may be off a bit which is going to be a drag somedays and I won't get my workout in until I have my coffee:) So Bill Phillps can forget about me following it to a "T":) But if you lost that much weight in those few weeks, you must have done something right! I will go to the store today and get some things.I do love the eating program though.It makes so much sense and makes you feel good. Oh...did you take your cheat day or did you use it as a cheat meal?

Charlotte- How was you new years? You didn't post any pic's yet! whats up with that? You love having your piture taken!:)

Missy- Are you back from chicago yet? Hope you had a good time!

Well, I am off to do my workout.Chat with you gals later,
Lori:)

Hi Lori! Happy New Year! You look great in your pics! I didn't take any. Just stayed home and had dinner w/ DH and the boys and watched Dick Clark and the ball drop.

Are you doing a rotation? I've decided to do Feb. 05'. I need cardio. Lots of cardio. Got to lose the 6 lbs. I gained back. So back to working out EVERY day and eating clean.
So I'm doing SJP and powerwalking/running thrown in today.

Hope everyone had a great time this weekend. I have to check out Wendy's pics. Hi Charlotte! Good luck with that rotation again!
Hi Missy and Susan and anyone else who checks in!

Kali
www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Hi Kali,

How have you been? You sound like you had a good new years as well.Doesn't matter what you do as long as it is something you want to do:)
I haven't decided on anything yet.I just did 5 seg of BC and a 25 min run.I had to stop b/c I am one hungry girl.
Time to get a shower and you wouldn't beleive how many things are lying around this house.So it wouldn't hurt to tidy up AGAIN today.
Lori:)

Hey Girls!

Lori and Wendy,

Beautiful in black...that is all I can say! You two are so devine!Bunch of party animal maniacs you are!
And yes, Lori...I do like taking pictures of myself. LOL! Though I don't have any for New Year's Eve celebration as I don't really celebrate that...no one took a picture of me falling asleep in the recliner while watching TV.

Well I got to get in the sunroom now and workout. Cathe is calling me...sometimes I picture that woman with a black whip in her hands...no matter how many times I do Cathe workouts, she still makes me want to cry! LOL!

Kali,

Missed ya girl! I still can't get over your transformation. You are so amazing! How is your job coming along? You know, you can step in and join me for a toasty day anytime you like? Open for all...anyday, anytime

Charlotte~~

Hi Lori, Kali and Charlotte.

Had fun last night in A/C. Party was fun, gambling was fun even though I didn't win. :-( I LOVE A/C! It's one my most expensive "habits" next to SHOPPING, ofcourse!;) I can't indulge in either like I used though but I still treat myself and shop and gamble when I can. :)

I just received my dynabands in the mail on saturday before I left. I bought a pink and a green just in case. I can't wait to try them out. I also ordered my high step before I left that I got the gift card for at Christmas. Once that comes in I'll be GOLDEN! I'm sooo excited! Then I'll have to save up a few bucks and buy my first High Step work out. I don't have any currently...

Oh well...busy day ahead...DH is off to drop Clyde to be groomed for 2 and when he comes back we are going out to Home Depot to get a new sink (this is our 2005 Wedding Anniversary gift from my mom, mind you our anniv. is in MARCH!!!!LOL). After that who knows...but I do need to get some laundry done and get my work out in. I would have done it this morning but I went out to get my haircut instead...which BTW didn't happen because I always forget that hair salons tend to be closed on Mondays!!!! :-( I'll probably go one day this week as soon as DH gets home from work so that I can leave Joey with him.

Okay...I've babbled long enough! I'll be back later!:)

I just finished the core maxes so now off to do PUB!

Wendy,

You just reminded me. I need to take Speck down to the vets to get her nails clipped. She will not let me clip them as she tries to bite me. LOL! I don't know why she has to be so difficult. Stinky lets me clip her nails and so does our cat. Anyhow, need to get my hair trimmed and colored again. I did get a french manicure not too long ago, but I didn't go back in time to get them filled and they started coming off. Well at least I can clean the house better without them nails getting in my way! LOL!

Charlotte~~

Hey Charlotte!

I'm too chicken to clip a dog's nails. My DH used to do it for his dog when he lived at his mom's but prefers not to do it so we just have the vet or groomer do it as well. Actually, if my dog's nails start getting long he will actually CHEW them! Believe it!?!? Too funny! :7 :7 :7 He looks so pretty and smells wonderful now that he is groomed! :)

I know what ya mean about nails getting in the way! I have had nails on and off for years. I never seem to stick with it more than a year though because I get tired of the expense and hassle of the upkeep as well as the fact that so many things are so much easier to do when you don't have long nails!!! I know girls who have been going faithfully for thier nails for YEARS!!! I don't know how they do it! It just gets to me after a while. I even did the cheapie basic manicure for $10.00 just to keep my natural nails looking nice and even that annoyed me eventually! LOL I guess we just aren't "GIRLY" enough, ey? ;)

Talk to ya later...off to work out...FINALLY!:)

Hey everybody! I'm here! Late today, I know. We had to go to the Volvo dealer in Ft. Collins, CO (which is about 45 minutes from here) and so we took my MIL - who is actually only 10 years older than I am - and went to the Olive Garden since we don't have one here. I haven't even worked out yet!

As for BFL, Lori, I don't modify the eating - I stick to it to a "T". As for the workouts, I usually stick to them except for the cardio. I used to do at least an hour of cardio since I've worked out for so many years. I figured 20 minutes would be a step backwards for me. That being said, now that I have discovered Cathe, I am going to do her workouts for the next 7 weeks until Mexico and see what happens. I think it will be better for me because she kicks my butt. I will add some Bowflex leg work in there too. So I guess my answer is yes and no. :D

Oh - as for losing those 11 pounds in 6 weeks (don't ask me how THAT weight creeped up on me) I'm sure it was the cardio I was doing. I was doing cardio every day - even on weight days. Right now I'm about about 4 or 5 pounds more than last Feb. in Mexico and all but one of those pounds was gained in the past few weeks. SCARY!!! I just posted to Jean who had asked about BFL and I told her what I eat every day. Check that out if you're interested. I'm pretty boring, but that's what works for me because it's easy. And as for a cheat day or cheat meal - ARE YOU KIDDING??? I cheated ALL day long! It was kind of funny because the first time I did BFL on my first few cheat days I would eat like TEN Ding Dongs throughout the day!!! Isn't that sick? After awhile I calmed down. But I still eat whatever I want. I don't really think about it, so I don't gorge myself. But if something sounded good during the week, I'll have it. And my DH and I always have bagels in the morning from our local bagel shop. I usually try to work out on my cheat day though because I will probably always have the "calorie in vs. calories out" theory in my brain.

Kali - good luck with your rotation! I don't have enough of Cathe's workouts to do the rotations - yet! }(

Charlotte - you have amazing muscle tone! You look great!

Wendy - is Clyde beautiful now? :) My DH and I went over the other day and clipped her new African Grey's nails. They were SO sharp. We warned her that Maya was going to scream her little head off and she didn't even make a peep. Our birds act like they're being murdered. She is an amazing bird and I'm so happy my sister rescued her.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't worked out yet Wendy. :eek:

Take care girls!

Susan

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.