Moderatley Clean Eating April 5, 2006

buffettgirl

Cathlete
Put a check mark on yesterday's date as another day following the plan. It seems to be getting easier. Today:

B - fresh fruit salad, steel cut oat bread w/PB&J
L - Hummus and veggie wrap, carrots, orange
D - probably going out to an Italian place tonight. They have a nice pasta/veggie dish, salad
S - grapes, slice whole wheat bread w/ PB

Enjoy the day all. In spite the &%*$(#^ snow. (We have a couple inches in north central PA.

Hi Robin and all to follow. This snow is horrible! Took me 45 minutes to get to work and it is only 12 miles. I couldn't believe it when I looked outside this morning. We've got about 3 inches and it is still coming down. I had a good day too yesterday.

Here are my meals for the day:
B: oatmeal, coffee
S: kashi go lean mixed w/ff yogurt
L: chix salad on WW toast, orange
S: kashi granola bar, apple
D: ??? Gabe is supposed to have soccer tonight (weather permitting) so it will have to be something quick.

Morning ladies...

I am going to try my best to stick to this plan today with no other "stuff" in between. I feel a bit like I've been lying to you over the past few weeks, but I've been lying to myself too.

Anyway:

B - steel cut oats, banana, soy milk
S - apple, 1 piece 12 grain toast with pb
L - brown rice, ff refried beans, salsa, cheese (all mushed together), yogurt, orange
S - protein bar
D - brown rice and veggies

Workout will be High Step Challenge.

Hi ladies:

Congratulations Dana! way to go.

I did well yesterday. I did have about a cup of popcorn while we watched a movie last night though.

Today is:

B mixed cereal (kashi golean & fiber one) LF milk, 1/2 grapefruit
L Salad with beans
S 1/2 apple & protein bar
D chicken breast, salad, rice, steamed vegies

This morning I did power yoga with Bryan Kest for the second time. I don't think I did as well as the first time! Oh well, it's not a contest, right?
Tonight I will do PUB.
Have a good day everyone.

Paula

Shelly-
Listen up girfriend. This thread is not about true confessions. It is about our best intentions, and if we don't follow it perfectly no one is going to kick us to the moon. It is my belief that we have all struggled at some point. We visit here to help eachother out and get encouragement. I do not view a deviation from a menu plan as 'lying' for crying out loud. When I post a menu or read somebody else's menu plan, it is more of a goal than a law. We do the best we can, don't fret and move on.

The freinds I 'talk with' here are special to me, you included. I look forward to reading about your daily in and outs and sharing mine with you all too. You are very brave to write about your struggles and this is a great place to come to do so. I am not qualified offer any specific advice, but I will be here to listen to you any time. Please feel free to PM me at any time or e-mail me.

fondly,
Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.
Success is acheived by early preparation

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce9426d0892

Thanks Judy.:) That almost made me cry. You must be a great mom;)

I guess I used the word lie because I feel like that's what I do to myself.

Here, here, Judy. Very well said. Hugs to both Shelley and Judy, and any others who have struggled with these issues.

And I'm sure you are a great mom too, Shelley. And remember that when you are losing focus and struggling with your demons. You have a daughter who looks to you for guidance. We all want to set a good example for our kids so they don't, hopefully, make the same mistakes in life that we have.

All any of us can do is take it one day at a time. Being able to reach out for help is a good sign, Shelley. It shows you want to beat this issue but at times, it just becomes overwhelming. I too do not feel comfortable trying to give you, or anyone else with an eating disorder, advice. But you know there are other people on these forums who are living everyday just like you and they're here for you, just like all of us are. :)

Now, get out there and enjoy the day!! We're all alive and that's something to be thankful for every day we get out of bed. :D

I'm glad I got to check in today and see all the support offered here. It's so good to read this. I've been thinking a lot about "internet personalities," and how easy it would be to fake it. But one thing that comes cleary across on this forum is how genuine and caring so many of you are.

I think I kind of understand how Shelley feels... whenever I post my menu for the day, I feel guilty if I don't follow it to the letter. But then I stop and think, I know I'm eating mostly healthy, and I'm doing other things right too, like exercising. So personally, I feel like my "mess-ups" balance out. I hope others can feel this way about what they eat, too.

Now then, on to business:
B - steel cut oats, walnuts, soy milk, orange (and it was a yucky one - threw part of it down the disposal!)
S - yogurt, grapes
L - big salad (spinach, chickpeas, etc.)
S - more grapes
D - the last of the potato soup, spiced up a bit with more veggies... including sauted mushrooms!!!

Hi ladies,

It's my first time posting here (thanks for the invite, Shelley)

Breakfast - Quaker Vanilla Oatmeal (enhanced for women), 3/4 cup cheerios (dry), apple, and a handful (or 2) of honeycomb cereal :)
Snack - Granola bar
Lunch - 1/2 pita w/turkey, mustard and spinach, 1 1/2 cups of carrots, and zucchini and about 2 tbsp of lowfat dip, 1 string cheese
Snack - Blueberry and banana smoothie and tea (with a tbsp and 1/2 of sugar and 2 tbsp milk)
Supper - I think we're grilling and having veggies
Snack - Popcorn

I'm keeping my fingers crossed I can stay w/this :)

HC

Hi ladies,

It's my first time posting here (thanks for the invite, Shelley)

Breakfast - Quaker Vanilla Oatmeal (enhanced for women), 3/4 cup cheerios (dry), apple, and a handful (or 2) of honeycomb cereal :)
Snack - Granola bar
Lunch - 1/2 pita w/turkey, mustard and spinach, 1 1/2 cups of carrots, and zucchini and about 2 tbsp of lowfat dip, 1 string cheese
Snack - Blueberry and banana smoothie and tea (with a tbsp and 1/2 of sugar and 2 tbsp milk)
Supper - I think we're grilling and having veggies
Snack - Popcorn

I'm keeping my fingers crossed I can stay w/this :)

HC

Shelley, I agree with what Judy says, it is definitely a goal that we try to stick to but there is no way to be perfect 7 days a week/365 days a year. Take for example my rendezvous with the cherry chocolate chip ice cream and a spoon (right out of the carton) Saturday night. Not in the plan:p Keep plugging along and keep posting. We're here to support, not criticize.

Today was good. I've been good since that diasterous ice cream episode Saturday night. So far, so good... for now...:p

Shelley, I agree with what Judy says, it is definitely a goal that we try to stick to but there is no way to be perfect 7 days a week/365 days a year. Take for example my rendezvous with the cherry chocolate chip ice cream and a spoon (right out of the carton) Saturday night. Not in the plan:p Keep plugging along and keep posting. We're here to support, not criticize.

Today was good. I've been good since that diasterous ice cream episode Saturday night. So far, so good... for now...:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.