missed period / Paragard IUD

M

moni_stout

I had a Paragard IUD inserted on the last day of my period, July 2, and I still haven't had a period since then. It is strange because I have done some searching on the internet and most people seem to have the opposite problem. I have had nothing, nada, zero. No cramps or even signs of a period at all. I have taken a couple of pregnancy tests. I didn't go back for my ultrasound follow up until about three weeks ago and the doctor said that she didn't see anything that resembled a pregnancy. I am finding this to be very odd. If anyone has any experience with this please post or PM me if you are willing to share your experience.

Thank you,
Monica

I had a Mirena IUD put in in May 2005. I never had any cramping, spotting or anything. I also haven't had a period or any of the related ishyness since it was inserted. Man I LOVE my IUD. I think you will be fine.

Take care.

Shayne

Hi Shayne,

I think that the Mirena IUD has hormones and is supposed to make periods lighter and less frequent. I am using the Paragard IUD which doesn't have hormones and supposedly can make your period longer and more painful. Thanks for sharing your experience though. I am glad to hear you like yours so much!

Monica

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.