Marilu Henner's Shape Up Your Life

cwsoxfan

Cathlete
I know that there's been a few posts about her show. I finally caught an episode. It was a good one. She was talking about reading your face in order to tell what's going on with your body. That was interesting and I would like to learn more about that. For example, your forehead would show any troubles with your circulatory system. Each section of your face would tell you something else, I can't remember.

Another interesting thing she talked about was the benefits of getting a massage that it's helps to detoxify. I always though people got massages for injuries or for the pure enjoyment of it. I must have missed this, but how often would you have to get a massage for detoxifying purposes? I can just see my dh now! ;-)

She also listed reasons why we shouldn't eat sugar. Anyone have her book? I would think after watching that one episode it would be worth checking out at the library.

I think she looks great. I wonder if she's all "natural" though. It would make her book even more worth while.

Dallas :)

Hi Dallas! Its worth your while to check her book "The Total Health Makeover" at your local library. She goes in depth on many subjects especially re: meat, dairy, sugar & caffeine as well as reading your face. I had my DH read it & I couldn't believe when he told me he wants to go on her program. This comes from a man who drank coffee all day & ate poorly too. Once he switched & ate exactly the same way that I do, he's never felt better.

Marilu has a cook, housecleaner & a PT so is it any wonder she looks the way she does?:7 Kathy:D

Thanks Kathy. I just went on-line and requested it at my library.

Wow! Your dh changed his diet just because of the book and/or the face reading? What did it say if you don't mind me asking? Could you really "read" something?

Wouldn't it be great to have a cook? We already have Cathe as a PT! ;-)

Happy New Year!

Dallas

Hi Again Dallas! You'll have to read the book to understand the dangers in eating meat, why its unnecessary for us to drink milk, etc. There's one chapter in particular that opened up my DH's eyes wide & that was "What's in your poop?" The day I had my husband change his diet completely was the day he saw a difference (you'll have to figure me here) in his poop.LOL It floats instead of having sinkers.LOL I know it may sound silly but please read this chapter. He also no longer consumes coffee; instead drinks either peppermint or chamomile teas. He feels so much better & lighter too (figure the pun too).

I also purchased the 30-day total health makeover book + the healthy kitchen one. The 30-day book takes you one phase at a time but I just decided w/dh to go all out right away. I just took the concept of what Marilu wants me to do & forged ahead. Its been pretty easy. We're not vegetarians but we just eat chicken/turkey/fish. He eats a lot more veggies now than ever before that's the main difference. Enjoy reading!

Happy New & Healthy Year to you too! Kathy:D

Thanks again Kathy! :) What you described reminds me of a book called YOU: The Owners Manual which I've read most of already.

Oh, I hate milk! So that's not a problem. DH and I (and my kids) already eat pretty clean. The holidays we had a few more indulgences. :9 I'm not worried about that because we're both pretty active and it's temporary. :)

Now I don't know about giving up the coffee. I probably have a cup or two only in the morning. All things in moderation, right? ;-) I'll see what she says in the book.

I have genetically high cholesterol so I'm always looking for information that will help me get it down naturally. I've learned a lot from reading on this forum. My biological mom just had another stint put it and she's only 55! I don't want that to be me! I do realize her lifestyle has contributed to a lot of what she's been through in the last 5 years.

Thanks for all your help. I can't wait until I get the book. I'll check out those other titles as well.

Dallas

I've been food combining now for almost a year...I feel great, skin has cleared up, lost 15 lbs...I ALMOST have DH off of dairy, of course this is the man that used to sit and eat a one pound block of chedder with salami and crackers for dinner...I've never had dinners on the table so quickly in my life!

If you have any questions, feel free to IM or e-mail me!
lilrltrgrl @ yahoo (IM is the same)
MJ

WOW MJ! I read in another thread about all you have accomplished in 2005. Way to go!!! I guess once you set your mind to something you do it! :)

Now food combining, what's that? Is that something she talks about in the book too?

You go girl!:)

Dallas

Pretty simple concept, really...

*Always eat fruit alone...
*Starches (bread, potatos) shouldn't be eated with protein-
with the exception of whole grain bread-Eat with veggies
*Protein should only be eaten with other protein and veggies-
complete proteins would be beans and brown rice or peanut butter on whole grain (or sprouted) bread...Legume + whole grain = complete protein...You can have beans and rice with chicken for dinner, whole grain roll with a veggie/beef/peanut stir fry...It's pretty unrestrictive!

In a pinch, if you have a starch with a meat, eat some peanuts (adding legumes)...It won't be a PERFECT combo, but it works...

I would strongly suggest reading the book 30 Day Health Makeover...

MJ

Thanks MJ.

I now have the book and was reading the part in the beginning where she outlines: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced and Makeover Maniac. Well, I left the book open while I was making breakfast for everyone and DH said what's this book you're reading that says you can go on no sleep! LOL!! That was under the maniac makeover for "Sleep". My dh sometimes. ;-)

However, under "Exercise" she says for maniac makeover: Dedicate your life to exercise. Each day of the week should be devoted to a different body part. OK, what's wrong with that! ;-)

I did not know that one can of Pepsi had 12 tsp. of sugar. Thankfully, we don't drink pop. However, I know a lot of families who let their kids drink Pepsi! Oh my!

OK, off for some more New Year's fun!

Dallas

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.