making 60 min workouts 30 min

kariev

Cathlete
so i really only have 60 minutes to workout but i like to get in at least 30 minutes of cardio per day. so i was wondering if its ok to cut 60 min workouts in half? Like going 30 min of each slim series workout per day or cutting my yoga workouts to 30 min per day or even 30 min of STS meso 1. By the end of the week i would still be getting the whole workout done but i would just be doing shorter bits of the longer workouts more frequently.

Absolutely, I do this all the time, and honestly haven't noticed any loss. I think the first 30 minutes of a workout is where you get the most impact, after that it's diminising returns.

Anyway, I usually skip over the small movements, or isolated things like tricep extensions, or bicep curls, and stick to the big stuff like squats and pushups. I think you get more for your money that way!

Anyway, I usually skip over the small movements, or isolated things like tricep extensions, or bicep curls, and stick to the big stuff like squats and pushups. I think you get more for your money that way!

ITA!

Kariev - You can get a lot work done in 30 minutes. Totally doable, and IMO preferable.

Exactly what the 4DS workouts and CTX are all about. Check out the premixes for your DVD's. I've done that for rotations when I felt I needed cardio daily.

Some of the circuit workouts are great too like the Terminator DVD which has three workouts that are both cardio and weights. Killers !

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.