Madonna's Addicted To Sweat DVD Series

bigbadbrandini

Cathlete
I'm a huge fan of Madonna's music, so I just had to post this. Features her trainer Nicole Winhoffer. I will try it out, but not sure I will like it or could even do it. LOL It looks like complex choreography. I'm so excited to see Madonna this October. I saw her in Chicago in Oct 2008 and her performance was amazing. It is crazy to think I've been listening to her music since I was a little kid!

Madonna to release dance workout DVD series*

Does anyone else love to workout to some M-Dolla? My personal favs are Hung Up (Tracy Young's Get Up and Dance Groove Edit), Give It 2 Me (Paul Oakenfold Edit), and off the latest album, I'm Addicted. When I start to hear the edit of Give Me All Your Luvin' in Cathe's To the Max workout, my warm up sky rockets me into the next segment, and even if I'm doing a premix, I usually do the first step segment just to hear out the rest of the song!

I might have to try this....even though I'll probaby hurt myself trying to dance like that. lol! It looks like fun.

I was excited... I have a few questions though ... its not Madonna leading the class? I didn't even see her in it. Also wil they use her music ... id get it if it gad her in it and her music. What did u see? I couldn't get the link you have I looked it up on youtube.

Last edited:
Looks so complex it will drive me nuts, lots more cash for Madonna, but how much instruction, exactly?

Not for me alas. I'll stick to my sessions where I stick in a DVD of Madonna in concert and weight train my way through it to moves tried and tested by Cathe. Best of both worlds!

Clare

looks fun, but in reality I probably wouldn't be able to keep up or do the moves right.

atleast it looks a little similar to Tracy Anderson (atleast her dance aerobics). Would of felt lied to if Madonna started doing a completely different style of workout and then claimed this is what keeps her in shape, when just a few years ago it was Tracy Anderson's workouts lol :) But they don't look too far off different, so it was probably just Tracy she broke away from, not the workout style. Wasn't she doing barre3 not too long ago also?

Oh my goodness, I was scratching my head when it came to the preview for DVD #4. I've never seen a chair used that way in a workout video. :eek:

I will pass on this series, but I guess if you are an avid dancer you might enjoy the workouts. I think I'd be tripping all over myself.

I was excited... I have a few questions though ... its not Madonna leading the class? I didn't even see her in it. Also wil they use her music ... id get it if it gad her in it and her music. What did u see? I couldn't get the link you have I looked it up on youtube.

I don't think Madonna instructs on the DVDs. The instructor is her trainer Nicole. I'm wondering if Madonna just does an intro with Nicole or maybe not? I think they will be using Madonna's music for the DVDs or at least some Madonna. The video just shows Nicole doing dance moves in a big warehouse. 2 of the workouts use props, one a towel and the other a chair. Nicole is the sole participant. I didn't like that part of the preview. I wish there were more dancers showing the moves with her. The warehouse setting is also a little creepy. I could understand a dance club or studio but a warehouse?

Looks so complex it will drive me nuts, lots more cash for Madonna, but how much instruction, exactly?

Not for me alas. I'll stick to my sessions where I stick in a DVD of Madonna in concert and weight train my way through it to moves tried and tested by Cathe. Best of both worlds!

Clare

You are right about more cash for Madonna since the producers are cheap enough to use such a dreary setting and didn't want to pay extra dancers! And I too wonder about Nicole's instruction style because you obviously have to be very limber to do some of the moves I saw in the preview. Will she provide modifications? I'm sure I will be very critical of the workouts, since I'm so spoiled with Cathe's challenging and fun fitness instruction.

I love watching the tour DVDs! I have the last 3. My hands down favorite is Confessions Tour. I have the audio on my iPod to listen to it, but have never watched one while training.

looks fun, but in reality I probably wouldn't be able to keep up or do the moves right.

atleast it looks a little similar to Tracy Anderson (atleast her dance aerobics). Would of felt lied to if Madonna started doing a completely different style of workout and then claimed this is what keeps her in shape, when just a few years ago it was Tracy Anderson's workouts lol :) But they don't look too far off different, so it was probably just Tracy she broke away from, not the workout style. Wasn't she doing barre3 not too long ago also?

I would be disappointed to hear if Madonna stole a workout concept from Tracy Anderson. I don't know if Madonna did barre, but I do know she did some crazy yoga once, did anyone else see The Next Best Thing? She was doing some pretty advanced yoga poses in that movie; she played a yoga instructor.

You are right about more cash for Madonna since the producers are cheap enough to use such a dreary setting and didn't want to pay extra dancers! And I too wonder about Nicole's instruction style because you obviously have to be very limber to do some of the moves I saw in the preview. Will she provide modifications? I'm sure I will be very critical of the workouts, since I'm so spoiled with Cathe's challenging and fun fitness instruction.

I love watching the tour DVDs! I have the last 3. My hands down favorite is Confessions Tour. I have the audio on my iPod to listen to it, but have never watched one while training.

Brandi:

I totally agree, the Confessions tour is genius. I take the soundtrack on the treadmill too. Love "Music". That's my fave version of the song. And I adore the cape she puts on at the end for Lucky Star!

Have you tried Pink in concert? Bloody fabulous! Look for the Australia leg of the Funhouse tour on DVD and audio CD. Great stuff. I weight train to that DVD too and take the audio power walking. Most excellent stuff!

Then there's the Monster's Ball with Lady G. Can't wait to grab a DVD/Audio CD of Born this Way tour.

Clare

This actually looks like fun, but I don't think I would make it through the entire thing. I have bum feet and it's hard for me to bounce around for a long time, but I do LOVE dance workouts. They make the time go by so quickly for me and don't seem like a "chore". I might get it and see what happens. Thanks for sharing this...I had not heard about this at all.

Eva

Brandi:

I totally agree, the Confessions tour is genius. I take the soundtrack on the treadmill too. Love "Music". That's my fave version of the song. And I adore the cape she puts on at the end for Lucky Star!

Have you tried Pink in concert? Bloody fabulous! Look for the Australia leg of the Funhouse tour on DVD and audio CD. Great stuff. I weight train to that DVD too and take the audio power walking. Most excellent stuff!

Then there's the Monster's Ball with Lady G. Can't wait to grab a DVD/Audio CD of Born this Way tour.

Clare

OMG, Music is my favorite song off that tour too, and I love the CT's version of Erotica, Ray of Light and Like a Virgin. The costumes, roller skating and her coming out of the disco ball in the beginning are so awesome!

Oh, me definitely likey Lady Gaga! My most faves off BTW: Govt Hooker, Americano, Scheibe, and Bad Kids. I want to get the DVD too!

I'll have to check out the Pink tour. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.