looking for workout advice

sonja415

I'm looking for some work out advice and you ladies never steer me wrong, so I thank all in advance.
I want to lose a few pound and gain definition - I know this has been addressed in the forums, but for the life of me I couldn't find what I was looking for when I did a search. So here are my questions:

-Do I focus on the weight I want to lose first or gaining definition and the weight loss will eventually follow?
-Do I have to lift heavy for all weight workouts or do I mix it up?
Ex. m,f heavy weights
t,th cardio
w circuits light to med. weight

I eat pretty well I try to follow the all things in moderation. I don't deny myself anything but I eat a small portion and not often.

Thanks in Advance,
M.

If you know a thread that will answer my questions please steer me to it. thanks

When I first started using Cathe last year, I was only doing Muscle Max maybe once a week, along with a day or so of circuits or another easier weights DVD (by other instructors), and my weight was at a standstill. At that point, I was doing a lot of cardio -- five or six days a week.

As soon as I bought the GS series and did three days a week of GS and cut back to only two or three days of cardio, the pounds started coming off. My basic rotation was something like this:

Day 1 GS Legs
Day 2 Cardio (usually step, but nothing too hard on the legs)
Day 3 GS Chest/Tris
Day 4 Kickboxing cardio
Day 5 GS Back/Shs/Bis
Day 6 Rest
Day 7 Cardio (if I can fit it in; right now I can only work out 5/x a week, so I usually make T/TH my rest days)

Since then, I've bought more of Cathe's weight series, and have been getting the same good results. I've found that heavier weights (GS, S&H, and 4DS series) give me better results than the endurance workouts. I've dropped 16 pounds and am getting some real definition for the first time in my life.

I know different things work for different people, and some folks will recommend that you focus on losing weight first, but doing both really seemed to work best for me.

Hope this helps!:)

Wow chica, I did not realize how little cardio you do, that is so awesome! I say that because you have gotten incredible results from doing mostly heavier weights, plus you have whittled down to a size zero!~
You rock!:7

>Wow chica, I did not realize how little cardio you do, that
>is so awesome! I say that because you have gotten incredible
>results from doing mostly heavier weights, plus you have
>whittled down to a size zero!~
>You rock!:7

Oh, Tneah, you're such a sweetie! :) I try to do three days a cardio a week when I'm off on vacation weeks/breaks, and lose a little more weight those weeks. I love doing cardio for the stress-relief!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.