Looking to "raise the bar"

andersont

Hi you all!! I have been following this website for a year as I discovered Cathe's workout on Fit TV and love it. So tonight I officially logged myself as a member to follow in your footsteps in the road to health and fitness. I have always worked out; starting with my Jane Fonda tapes! Remember- "feel the burn"?! Anyways, I currently run on my treadmill 30-60 minutes 4-6 times a week 3-5 miles and combine the cardio with tapes and 2 nights of exercise class. I got my wake up when I started doing Cathe on Fit TV! Muscle Endurance; Push/Pull; Pyramid Lower/Upper Body etc. made me realize that I wasn't as strong/fit as I could be. My weights are the basic 3,5 8 barbells in which I double up for more of the challenge.
This forum is so encouraging and supportive. My biggest disappointment was realizing I missed the road trip this August! Where do I go from here? I read about the alternate weeks but I'm not sure if I'm a beginnger or intermediate? How do you tell? I don't have any of the extra weights or DVDs.
Hope this is not too many questions! Looking forward to following in your footsteps to be stronger, healthier, and more fit.
ez2bme

RE: Looking to

First, welcome to the boards!:) Second, if you are running that much, I would say your pretty advanced cardiovascular-wise, so could probably handle the harder cardio workouts for sure-probably better than I do.:)
I remember owning an old Jane Fonda tape, how funny!

They sorta classify beginners like the following: Never exercised, or very rarely exercise. Intermediates as someone who has exercised pretty consistently for at least three months, and advanced as someone who has exercised consistently for at least 6 months, but I am sure there are other ways to look at this. Only you know where you are truly at, fitness-wise.

I would recommend looking under the thread "DVD Rotations". Cathe and others list rotations you can follow for a whole month, its a good place to start and you will become more familiar with Cathe's workouts that way.

I am not sure about the roadtrip deal, I think its first come first served-but I live on the west coast, making the road trip something I watch with envy from afar!:)

Again, welcome, these people have always made me feel welcome, and I am sure you will experience the same.:7

Thanks tneah! The rotations look great! Now I can follow something and adjust or improvise when I need too. Looks like I can add some things to my Christmas list.:) What are your favorite workouts? Do you do the rotations or follow your own thing?

Welcome to Cathe!! I too found Cathe on FitTV and haven't looked back since!

There are so many wonderful people on these forums -- and they all give such great advice -- I know you are going to love it here!

Welcome!
Michelle

Welcome to the forums! I only started Cathe in April and I ended up buying everything she has available (though I keep thinking about selling the ones I rarely use--just hard to give any up even if I don't use them). Before starting Cathe I was working out regularly but on a more basic level. I was doing really old Buns of Steel videos and a few other things. The toughest thing I had was a couple Tae Bo videos, but I did very little weight work. After I came to the forums I did the intermediate rotation and it was perfect for me at that time. I still consider myself just intermediate even though I do a lot of Cathe.

I haven't yet done any of Cathe's other rotations but usually design my own rotations. Part of that is because of an injury this summer, though. Once I'm all healthy again I'd like to try a formal rotation. When I am fully healthy I do 2-3 days of cardio, 3 days of weights (sometimes a 3-day split or total body each time), and add in some Pilates and yoga here and there.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.