Like a kid in a candy store :)

I just got my beautiful new step delivered today. I think I need to go rearrange my workout room so I can use it...if I don't die from it after the first 5 minutes :7

Now if the DVD's will hurry up and get here.

Any tips so as not to hurt myself on this thing?

Maybe start out just using the platform (4") until you get used to it?

Hey your hike from Georgia to Maine sounds interesting. How long is that going to take? Last summer on vacation when hiking, we kept meeting people who were hiking the Pacific Crest trail from Mexico to Canada, although a number of them had split the hike over more than one year. The logistics involved in such an endeavor seem overwhelming to this day hiker.

Maggie:)

It will probably take between 5 and 6 months. Closer to 6 probably for me.

Logistics are definitely easier on the Appalachian Trail vs. the Pacific Crest Trail, but I bet the scenery is just amazing out there where the "real" mountains are.

My DVD's should be here next week. So maybe I will try some of the Fit TV episodes I have saved to get used to the step.

Thanks

>Maybe start out just using the platform (4") until you get
>used to it?
>
>Hey your hike from Georgia to Maine sounds interesting. How
>long is that going to take? Last summer on vacation when
>hiking, we kept meeting people who were hiking the Pacific
>Crest trail from Mexico to Canada, although a number of them
>had split the hike over more than one year. The logistics
>involved in such an endeavor seem overwhelming to this day
>hiker.
>
>Maggie:)

Are you hiking the Appalachian Trail? It's supposed to be an amazing experience! I would love to hear more about your training, and your plans for supplies, etc.

Oh yeah - congrats on your new step! Have fun with it!

Melissa, best wishes on your planned hike! That is something I've always dreamed of doing, but alas, my knees and back are aging and by the time I have the time (eight years till retirement) I don't think I'll be up to the trip. My DH and I have hiked all of the trail in PA and parts in the Smokies, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maryland and Virginia. I hope you get to complete it.

Yes, I will be hiking the Appalachian Trail.

Training: Well I am just going for overall fitness.
Weight loss of hopefully 40 pounds (which will put me around 200)
Cardiovascular to help get me up the mountains.
Strength, especially legs and core.

My first month rotation is focused on getting back to working out and eating clean.
Day 1: Cardio
Day 2: Body Blast - Supersets
Day 3: Cardio
Day 4: Drill max
Day 5: Mountain hike
Day 6: Body Blast - Push/Pull
Day 7: Rest

I think the second month I will throw in the Gym Style DVD's when I get them

Plans for supplies:
I am so not a planner so my plan :) is to go into town whenever I need supplies. I should get close to a town every 4-5 days, so then I can take a shower and do laundry and thing like that. I will have a few maildrops planned so I can get resupplied on medications and other things I might need.
I am so looking forward to it. I am lucky that I have a supportive husband.

>Are you hiking the Appalachian Trail? It's supposed to be an
>amazing experience! I would love to hear more about your
>training, and your plans for supplies, etc.
>
>Oh yeah - congrats on your new step! Have fun with it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.