Leslie Sansone, anyone?

LizO66

Cathlete
I wanted something not too strenuous to add to this month's rotation - I normally walk my dogs for a couple of miles, but they are chihuahuas and it's 11 degrees outside!! It's a no-go!!! Has anyone had experience with Leslie's walk at home vids?

Thanks!
Liz

Liz,

Funny you should ask. I have a friend who is new to fitness that I usually walk 5 miles with, but this week it was too cold. So we put in a Leslie Sansone video which was 1 mile walk and my friend was done by the end. She said it was much harder than the 5 mile walk we take. And I was surprised at how warm I got during it, it got my heart rate up higher than I expected it would. HTH!

I have her 5 mile walk and use it when I need a day off but still need some form of exercise. She's good, I like her. The workout is of course not intense, but you can pick up your knees or something to get more out of it. I put my mp3 player on and just do 2-5 miles occasionally.

I like her, as the others have said, its not an intense workout. I do put on my ipod with some podcast to listen to. Its good for keeping your blood circulation up, avoiding the couch of doom, and sometimes for a giggle (especially the older workouts.) There is nothing wrong with having a LSB workout (long slow burn.) I read in a day planner book for runners that it helps with your joints and blood volume (up is good.) I bet the dogs will like it :p She is from the East coast and has more of an accent. I have two workouts one that uses weights (bit of a joke) and one that uses a stretchy band. I like them both.

I took one of her videos with me when I had to stay with my sick mil. I worked up a good sweat. I took big steps and moved my arms around a lot - :D it worked!

I have several advanced Leslie dvd's (four and five miles) and I really like them. Looking at the overall number of calories that I burn when I use these, according to my GoWear Fit monitor, as well as the number of steps I take, made a believer out of me.:D

It's true they are not "intense" in that there's no jumping around and comparatively little impact, for the most part, but that's actually exactly what I'm liking about them at the moment.

I think they are are a great add-on for days when you want to amp the calorie burn a bit but not kill yourself, and they're a solid, knee-friendly cardio option when the weather is bad.

The other thing I like about them, as an experienced Cathe exerciser, is that I can ramp them up or down according to my needs/mood -- making them more high-impact and intense on days when I'm in the mood for that,:eek: and less intense when I just want to burn simple mindless calories. There was a thread a while back about how Leslie dvds are adaptable/flexible in that way.

And there is a mindless quality to them (essentlially she uses just four really basic moves) which allows me to turn my brain off and just move. I also make ample use of the "music only" option on days when I don't want to hear Leslie's chatter.:rolleyes:

I bought a few LS vids when I was pregnant in 2008. I needed something low impact and no turning either. This fit the bill. I still use them occasionally when I'm feeling lazy but still want to get a workout in. Yes, LS can be a little over-the -top (DH HATES listening to her:p) but she has done a lot of good for a lot of people, and like others have mentioned you can definitely up the intensity.

At first she drove me crazy but now I like her. I add on a couple of miles with Leslie whenever I would like to get a little extra cardio in. It is mindless and you can make it as hard or easy as you want. I really like her "Walk Away Your Stress" which is an older one but it is fast and the setting is sort of festive. The only place I have seen this one is on amazon.

Thank you all very much! You've helped a lot - I'll give them a try!

Have a great day!!
Liz

Can anyone compare her workouts to the barefoot cardio one by Ellen Barrett? More or less intense/mindless?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.