Leaving the PiYo planet for Cathe Universe

nsaeolian

Cathlete
I have been doing PiYo from Beachbody for the last three weeks, and I don't know if I can make it through the two months. It just doesn't excite me at all. Maybe I'm easily bored but none of the Beachbody packages I've tried keep my interest very long. With Cathe, there are so many different DVDs to choose from, I can always find something, and her rotations are the best. I can easily make substitutions when I don't own something, and with all the premixes available, I can do the workout that is right for me, a 50+ year old lady with a bit of knee arthritis who still wants good hard exercise and consistent results.
( Can you tell I'm a Cathlete? hee hee )So I'm coming home to Cathe starting TODAY with the Tuesday workout from the monthly rotation-it's supposed to be Muscle Endurance, which I don't own. I will find something from my library, and maybe take stock of what I don't already own. Not sure what point I'm making, except CATHE ROCKS, and yup, I am shouting, at least figuratively and with joy. have a wonderful day everyone.

Hi Nancy, I agree with you. I've tried other programs but Cathe is the best out there in my opinion. I have not been able to find an exercise program where I can say that's it like a Cathe workout!! I always get results with Cathe's DVDS - she is awesome.

Welcome Back, Nancy!! :)

After three weeks of Chalean Extreme, I was bored out of my mind. I'm doing PiYo right now, but I'm adding it to the end of another workout. The core work and stretch feel really good after a weight workout, and I sweat buckets.
I agree with you, NOTHING comes close to Cathe!!:)

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Nancy! I was toying with the idea of buying PiYo and trying to ignore the little voice in the back of my head, which was telling me I was going to be bored. Happened with Insanity (I can't even look at those workouts anymore), P90X and even Turbo Fire (which was a bit better, but still all the cardio workouts were fundamentally the same). I will listen to that voice and stick with Cathe - I'm having a great time right now rotating through her newer workouts from the past couple of years.

Stebby

How many of us worked out for YEARS not realizing we were missing out? Then finally seeing honest to goodness results when we started doing Cathes wkouts! Me! That's why she's the best. No BS about it! It's work and she stays right there sweating with you!

That is so funny...I'm totally thinking after this round of CLX I'm going to do that, maybe a hybrid, CLX & PiYo.

Good to know there's a spot available on the planet for me. ;)

I'm with you. I enjoy many Beachbody workouts, but I use them as stand-alone workouts, not as rotations. The only BB rotation I finished was ChaLean Extreme and that's because I subbed Cathe for the cardio. Plus, I was knew to home workouts at the time and didn't yet realize that I was a true Cathlete. ;)

I bought .Piyo but returned it. I like some BB workouts. I love Les Mills Pump and also liked 21 Day Fix. I lost 7 lbs in 4 weeks doing Fix.

PiYo and Cathe

Hello all! Just wanted to say that I'm currently doing a PiYo/Cathe workout mashup. I wanted to try PiYo to increase my flexibility. I usually do the PiYo workout first and then I add on whatever Cathe workout suits my mood at the time. I also try to balance out body parts so I usually get a total body workout each time. Examples: PiYo Core/Cross Fire Low Impact Tabata premix. PiYo Define Upper Body/Butts and Guts Floor work and abs premix (those were two of my favorites); PiYo Sweat/Cardio portion of Slide and Glide. It's been fun and I am seeing pretty good results. Because of PiYo, I can do tricep pushups a bit better and you know what the benefits are of Cathe's workouts! I've been posting about my mashup adventures on Facebook for all to experience with me, LOL! I would never leave Cathe, ever, but I can say that I'm enjoying doing PiYo!

I've never done much other than Cathe (I have now thrown in Ultimate Yogi because of back issues), but one thing that has annoyed me with other instructors (talking to you Jillian) is how they'll do the work for like 10 seconds then walk around. Makes me crazy.

Hello all! Just wanted to say that I'm currently doing a PiYo/Cathe workout mashup. I wanted to try PiYo to increase my flexibility. I usually do the PiYo workout first and then I add on whatever Cathe workout suits my mood at the time. I also try to balance out body parts so I usually get a total body workout each time. Examples: PiYo Core/Cross Fire Low Impact Tabata premix. PiYo Define Upper Body/Butts and Guts Floor work and abs premix (those were two of my favorites); PiYo Sweat/Cardio portion of Slide and Glide. It's been fun and I am seeing pretty good results. Because of PiYo, I can do tricep pushups a bit better and you know what the benefits are of Cathe's workouts! I've been posting about my mashup adventures on Facebook for all to experience with me, LOL! I would never leave Cathe, ever, but I can say that I'm enjoying doing PiYo!

I agree with this totally -- PiYo on it's own (unlike Cathe) is not really a well-balanced program as far as muscle groups go. However I love adding Cathe's workouts to PiYo and have found that since some of the PiYo workouts are so short it's very easy to incorporate them. I am enjoying the increased flexibility I've gained, and the workouts are a nice change of pace... but nothing and no one will ever replace my Cathe workouts!

I had been doubling up on the PiYo workouts and I'm getting better definition in my legs and my butt is more lifted. However, I miss my Cathe workouts. Today, I'm starting a rotation in which I do PiYo 2 days, 2 days of spinning and 2 days of metabolic workouts.

Lisa

How long are the piyo workouts? Sounds like something u can sprinkle in there after a short cardio or weight session or a day u don't feel like doing much?

Cathe has always been my go to workout instructor. I did buy Chalene's Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire years back and still enjoy pulling them out every now and then. I remember ChaLean Extreme came out around the same time Cathe's STS and I decided to by Chalene's instead...big mistake! I had it for a week and sent it back! I saw her PiYo release and haven't even thought twice about ordering it. No thanks.

I didn't care for Chalean Extreme at all. I found it so boring. Same workout, same day every week. However, that being said; I am very surprised with the definition I am getting with PiYo. I bought PiYo because I needed more flexibility. My core is strong, my butt lifted, and my arms are very cut. I add it to the end of another workout. Kinda like a stretch. I'm pleasantly surprised. The longest PiYo is about 45 minutes, the shortest 25-30 minutes. Most of the workouts are 30 minutes. I sweat buckets.

MLeblanc49 can you share?

I'm intrigued by how you put Cathe and Piyo together. Can you share your full rotation?

I've been looking all over for a Cathe & PiYo combo rotation. Does anyone have one they'd like to share?
Thanks!

I've been looking all over for a Cathe & PiYo combo rotation. Does anyone have one they'd like to share?
Thanks!
I was just thinking about this, well not exactly that, but I classify Piyo as a "dynamic" workout. I was looking at what types of workouts I do during different seasons of the year and found some interesting patterns, and combinations.

I generally decided to classify, workouts like Piyo, yoga, pilates, TA, barre, etc. as "dynamic workouts" mostly because when I found Tracy's 30 Day Method book back in 2011, that's was what I was looking for. Just happened upon it in a bookstore, one of those, ah ha, this could work, moments.

I think Cathe's 4 Day Split workouts may be good. Although my preference is usually cardio then dynamic workout (can't get enough cardio, now can ya) they would work equally well with strength. You would have to decide which Piyo would work best with each but that's what I was looking at lately. Today I did a TA Meta followed by Turbofire cardio, I think it works best for me actually, if the cardio is first. Likewise I would also do weights first, personal preference, TA is really endurance oriented I think, and we can't have are legs (or arms) quit during the other workout, now can we?

something like:

bootcamp
kickbox
high impact step
chest & back
bicep +
Leg core (no other workout)
shoulders +
low impact step

followed each day by the dynamic workout of your choice (maybe not on leg day), some combinations may work better than others, or if you really want to learn the Piyo (or in my case, yoga) you could use the same workout for a few days at a time. Seriously considering doing that with yoga at some point. I tend to block cardio workouts together and split weight workouts together in a rotation sometimes, it just seems to work for me.

Note: I don't have Piyo yet, but that is likely how I will use it.

Here it is 5 months later and I'm still doing PIYO. I can't say enough about these workouts. The only other person I've ever stuck to for so long is cathe. I've thrown in some other DVDs here and there but PIYO is my main stain. I've tired 21Day P90x3 T25 Kelly coffey even cathe but I just can't stick to them as I have been with PIYO. I look so forward to my 430am morning workouts with piyo because it's just that right intensity. You guys probably think I'm nuts but anyway I just wanted to share with you all to change it up I've added ankle and wrist weights and it's been awesome. It definitely turned up the cardio factor. IDK what I'm going to do when Cathe's RIPPED comes knocking on my door! LOL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.