KFC'S Double Down Sandwich, Zoiks!

i love fried chicken but that is just disgusting!! :confused:

why is it the more they report the obesity epidemic the worse the sandwiches get at these fast food places?!?!:mad:

i liked it better when it was burger/chicken sandwich,drink and side why these concoctions? no need for all that.

kassia

It doesn't look appetizing, but wouldn't it have fewer calories than a three-piece chicken and biscuit, which people routinely buy for lunch?

Ew! That center part does look awefully 'recycled'! (Maybe they should call it the "upchuck" rather than the "Double down").

I wonder how long these will be offered?

I guess it would appeal to the Atkins crowd, or the people like that Jellus dude on FitTV (the "Low Carb Chef") who obsesses about the carb content of everything, but has no qualms about using the highest fat ingredients.

It almost seems criminal to offer foods like that when there is such a huge (pun not intended) obesity crisis in this country.

Maybe the government should start a 'cash for calories' program: you bring in one of these things, and in exchange, you get a healthy whole foods sandwich and a couple of bucks!

Ugh, ohhhhh, ewwwwww, ach, ach, ach . . .

There are no emoticons for Bleh!

#1 - I hate, HATE cheese, so that looks disgusting no matter what to me!

#2 - That's a heart attack on a plate! Ewwww! Yes, I said it again. That is horrible!

Ew! That center part does look awefully 'recycled'! (Maybe they should call it the "upchuck" rather than the "Double down").

I wonder how long these will be offered?

I guess it would appeal to the Atkins crowd, or the people like that Jellus dude on FitTV (the "Low Carb Chef") who obsesses about the carb content of everything, but has no qualms about using the highest fat ingredients.

It almost seems criminal to offer foods like that when there is such a huge (pun not intended) obesity crisis in this country.

Maybe the government should start a 'cash for calories' program: you bring in one of these things, and in exchange, you get a healthy whole foods sandwich and a couple of bucks!

Atkins crown would not eat that. It's breaded and that sauce would probably have lots of sugar. Atkins version of a bread-less sandwich is to use romaine lettuce leaves.

Atkins crown would not eat that. It's breaded and that sauce would probably have lots of sugar. Atkins version of a bread-less sandwich is to use romaine lettuce leaves.

That's right--that breaded, fried chicken kicks it totally out of the low carb realm. Jeez, I'll eat almost anything & even I think it looks disgusting. :eek:

i love fried chicken but that is just disgusting!! :confused:

why is it the more they report the obesity epidemic the worse the sandwiches get at these fast food places?!?!:mad:

i liked it better when it was burger/chicken sandwich,drink and side why these concoctions? no need for all that.

kassia

I agree! I don't understand the point of food like this, at least not as mainstream chow. I understand novelty food but that used to mean the deep fried pickle you'd try at the county fair or having the "all you can eat" sundae once a year while on vacation at the shore, not something that is going to be presented as everyday food. Man if I want "new" food I'll seek out some great ethnic cuisine or try a new recipe!!

BLECH!!!!!!

I like a good chicken sammich as much as the next guy, but I have never understood going out for something like that! It takes all of 4 minutes to frizzle up a chicken cutlet at home -- less time than it would take to go through the drive-through window at KFC! And I have the good fortune of living 5 minutes from one of the best grocery stores in the country where I can buy bakery fresh sprouted grain bread and buns -- not that disgusting crap you get in the frozen foods section. It makes for a lovely and delicious chicken sammich. And I think I just figured out what I'm having for lunch! :D

BLECH!!!!!!

I like a good chicken sammich as much as the next guy, but I have never understood going out for something like that! It takes all of 4 minutes to frizzle up a chicken cutlet at home -- less time than it would take to go through the drive-through window at KFC!

But odds are good you can be served such a delightful "bowel explosion" inducing sandwich at the KFC drive thru by a convicted felon! Cha cha cha! :p;)

I know this is off the subject a bit ..... but have you all seen all of those concoctions by Hardee's? I swear they take a huge burger and put a whole meal on top of it and put a bun around it! I think it just looks disgusting. If I want a french dip or a philly cheese steak, I don't need it served on top of a burger. :confused:

BLECH!!!!!!

I like a good chicken sammich as much as the next guy, but I have never understood going out for something like that! It takes all of 4 minutes to frizzle up a chicken cutlet at home -- less time than it would take to go through the drive-through window at KFC! And I have the good fortune of living 5 minutes from one of the best grocery stores in the country where I can buy bakery fresh sprouted grain bread and buns -- not that disgusting crap you get in the frozen foods section. It makes for a lovely and delicious chicken sammich. And I think I just figured out what I'm having for lunch! :D

Just rub it in! ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.