? for Kathryn-bean salad recipe

sunnyside

Cathlete
You posted awhile back of a quick bean salad, using canned beans. I always see it when I search vegetarian threads and tell myself to write it down. Now, that I'm ready to make it, I can't find hide nor hair of it, using the search. LOL!:+

Can you remember it?

Thanks!

There's really not much of a 'recipe'involved, LOL!

I call it the "can-opener bean salad" and it's very easy (in fact, I change it a bit every time I make it).

Generally:
rinse and drain one can each garbanzo beans, black soy beans, green beans, kidney beans (I use all organic beans).
Add any or all of the following:
I small jar pimentos (rinsed and drained), I can artichoke hearts (you may have to chop these up a bit), chopped black olives. (pretty much any veggies you like that you think would taste good together).

Drizzle a small amount of low fat italian dressing (I like Zesty Italian because there's a lot of flavor in a little bit). Refrigerate for a while to let flavors blend. Serve on a bed of torn romaine leaves.

Yield: a whole bunch! (enough to share at a picnic, or to last me a few days).

(Just use this is a base, and make whatever modifications you like. If you like different beans, put them in. If you don't like garbanzos, you're crazy, but omit them anyway ;-) . You can even add some whole grain pasta if you want.)

That's it!! Thanks so Much!

I almost remembered it right, but forgot the green beans, artichoke hearts and pimentos. LOL!

I Looove Garbonzo beans! They are what made me think of your salad.

For 2 weeks I've been eating this salad for lunch:

Fills a gallon Zip lock bag and stays fresh ALL week.

I use my Kichen Aid shredder for this.

Shredded carrots-LOTS
Shredded green Cabbage-whole head
Shredded radishes-LOTS

Dressing-Mix smashed avocodo with Feta Cheese and red wine vinegar

Stir dressing in with a cup or 2 of vegies above and toss in 1/4 can of Garbonzo beans. It's delish!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.