Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Talk about anything you like in this forum including other videos you like or dislike.We would like to once again remind everyone that we donít allow posts from people whose end purpose is to sell or promote other companies DVDs. We want open discussion to continue to be used by fitness enthusiast and our customers who want to openly and honestly discuss fitness DVDs, not to be used by other companies to promote their website or sell their products.

Kale Chips make me HUNGRY!!

This is a discussion on Kale Chips make me HUNGRY!! within the Open Discussion forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; I'm trying to add more veggies to my diet so I tried Kale Chips this week. They are super easy ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By LovingLife
  • 1 Post By mini-natty
  • 2 Post By soozies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Cathlete

Default Kale Chips make me HUNGRY!!

I'm trying to add more veggies to my diet so I tried Kale Chips this week. They are super easy and quite tasty, but what I find really surprising is that they make me hungry Maybe it's the salt?? Anyone else every have a veggie make them feel hungry?
Old 02-04-2013, 07:39 PM
Cathlete
ReneePruitt's Profile Fields

Send a message via Yahoo to ReneePruitt

Raw calliflower! (sp?) Lol
Old 02-05-2013, 09:41 AM
Cathlete
MelanieC's Profile Fields

Hi Toni - I haven't tried kale chips, but just eat fresh kale in my omelettes etc. But I'm wondering, have kale chips been sprinkled with msg? That can make you hungry.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:57 PM
Cathlete
2121's Profile Fields

Hi Toni,
My mom has been making kale chips lately. I don't know if they make me hungry, but they make me want to eat pounds and ponds of them. I think you are right, it is the salt. At least I don't get the "I ate too many potato chips" feeling.

Melissa
Old 02-05-2013, 04:34 PM
Cathlete
LovingLife's Profile Fields

My guess is the salt. Salt, sugar and starchy foods (grains and starchy vegetables) all turn me into an eating maniac. If I can keep myself from those, I can control my eating.

Try munching on fruits and veggies instead and getting your kale in green smoothies.
L Sass likes this.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Cathlete

My next green smoothie will be with kale. It's cheaper than spinach . Hopefully it tastes as good!

The kale chips I'm talking about are just fresh kale leaves sprinkled with a bit of salt and some light olive oil. So no msg that I'm aware of.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:47 AM
Cathlete
mini-natty's Profile Fields

Question for you Toni, are you just eating kale chips by themselves as a snack? It is relatively low in calories, and hardly enough to sustain your appetite for long stretches (i.e-your afternoon snack). If you find that is the case, then try eating some protein with your kale. Another great pairing is some slivered almonds toasted along with your kale (YUMMY!). If not, then at least you're eating a very healthy snack and getting your intake of leafy greens .

BTW, if you feel the salt is causing you to have the massive munchies then try using no salt, and instead look for seasonings that give the food flavor without the sodium. Garlic powder, onion powder, no-salt assorted herbs (Mrs.Dash).

Good luck
L Sass likes this.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:22 AM
soozies's Profile Fields

Kale chips DO make me hungry....for MORE kale chips!
2121 and L Sass like this.