Just testing my picture trail....

very cool house shots! I like that pond a lot.

“In the beginning there was nothing. God said, 'Let there be light!' And there was light. There was still nothing, but you could see it a whole lot better.” --Ellen Degeneres

I wanna come along with Robin and sit by your frog pond. :D Your place is absolutely beautiful. I can't wait for you to post more pictures. I have a passion for older homes. :)

Sparrow,
What a very beautiful home!!! I would love to sit with a good book at the pond-how relaxing!! Have a great evening.
Lisa

Thanks, ladies!! We just love it. We've only been here a couple of months but feel so much at home! I'm going to be self-indulgent and post a bunch more pictures tomorrow. :)

This picture trail stuff is fun!

Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

>Oh goody!!! How about some nice interior shots as well:D :)

Michele, they are up :) I put in the parlor and the dining room and the bedroom, my 3 favorite old rooms. The other old rooms (library, two additional bedrooms) are still in moving/painting/pulling up carpet chaos. :) I can't believe the previous owners put carpet (and plywood!) over these pretty old hardwoods.

Sparrow

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=12027733&uid=6168914&members=1

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

*GASP* Beautiful!! Oh boy, would I love to play interior decorator in your house!! It's hard to tell from your pictures but it looks like there's a few Arts and Crafts features: the stained glass window, the front door, the horizontal 5 panel interior door, the high plate rail in your dining room (although A&C dining rooms usually have wainscoting on the walls, and woodwork is stained rather than painted), even the frog pond area has an A&C feel to it.

Sparrow, you have a beautiful home with TONS of potential. Oh, you'll have a blast putting your own touches on this treasure of a home. Take your time and don't put anything in there unless you LOVE it. ;) :)

Michele, thanks for the info!! I plan to google "arts and crafts" later on, and see what comes up. I'm determined to do my kitchen in the style of the day but have not been able to find much in the way of ideas. :)

Sparrow

Sparrow, I just noticed the shot of your kitchen (it's lovely, by the way). My first thought was that the stove and the cabinets don't really belong together. The cabinets, though beautiful, look more Colonial American than early 20th century. Pardon me for being nosey (I can't help it--I LOVE this kind of thing), but what are your ideas for the kitchen? What is your decorating style?

I would look for magazines and advertisements from the era to get ideas. Also, I would develop a relationship with a reputable vintage/antique dealer because they are an invaluable source of information.

Good luck with your decorating and have fun with it! I hope you'll continue to update us. I'll enjoy watching your progress :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.