Just discovered Michael Olajide!

LauraMax

Cathlete
OMG OMG OMG! What took me so long? I have my IT friend burning the boxing sections of 2 DVDs (Aerobox 1 & Savage & Serene) onto one so I can have a solid hour of ass kicking boxing!

BTW, is it just my imagination or is that man trying to hook up with me? ;) That voice! :eek:

I bought aerobox and REALLY tried to love it, but just couldn't get into it. For some reason the jump rope KILLS my feet. Other high impact doesn't do it, but the jump rope OW!!! I also think I didn't like it so much because I w/out in the basement, so had to use an imaginary jump rope b/c the ceiling isn't high enough. I also felt the boxing sections weren't hard enough. I think I just am not a big fan of boxing. Kickboxing yes, regular boxing, not so much. I did see another w/out by him about the same time on Collage - it was a back and abs tape, I think - and that looked really good. But I never got around to getting it. The thing is, I could see why aerobox is a good w/out but I just couldn't get into it. And I wanted to like it so much. Perhaps I need to give it another try.

Nan

Hi Gayle,
Check out www.aerospacenyc.com. They have the dvd's LauraMax was talking about.
I'm glad someone tried them. I had posted a question about them a while back because I had seen an article in Vogue magazine of all places, and they looked good, but I was unsure. LauraMax's endorsement sealed the deal-now I gotta get 'em!

I have one he did with Kathy Smith :eek: and I really enjoyed his teaching! I forgot all about it - it's buried under my Cathes! I'll have to dig it out! Thanks for the reminder!

I bought aerobox and REALLY tried to love it, but just couldn't get into it. For some reason the jump rope KILLS my feet.

There "Aerobox" workouts by Olajide: one with Kathy Smith, that has jumprope sections (which you could do on a rebounder instead of the floor to reduce the impact) and one where he is alone (that's been renamed something like Aerobox Round 1) where you basically just do punches.

I have three of his workouts: the Aerobox with Kathy Smith (now on a DVD with her Kickboxing workout), his solo Aerobox, and the Savage and Serene (which I've only previewed). I LOVE hitting hard and fast with Olajide.

A heads up on the S&S workout: he apparently is going commando under his shorts--as is clear when he's jumproping.

Last edited:
Gayle, you don't need the heavybag, it's all shadowboxing.

Spyrosmom, do you jump rope regularly? I just started about 6 weeks ago & it was freakin agony on my feet. Actually more my tendons & calves. Now that my muscles have adjusted I barely even felt it w/Olajide.

Not to mention jumping rope all on its own kicks butt!

Yeah ummm, I noticed Mr. Olajide was not shy about showcasing his package. That's why I thought he was flirting with me. :eek:

Hi Laura,
Yes Michael kicks my_____ as well.I just did Aero Jump 1 the other day.It kills me every time & I have had it since it's release on VHS.I still haven't tried # 2 or 3
Take care
Chris

Laura, . . you are always finding ways to make me spend money!! :)
I actually bought a Michael Olajide DVD produced by Everlast it is a beginner and advanced DVD almost a year ago that I bought at a store called Restoration for $2.99 and I love them. It really teaches you everything about boxing. The only thing is that unless you have the speed bag, and heavy bag you miss a lot of the workout. I don't have a dedicated space for my workout stuff. My poor family has to live with me working out in the living room. I was shocked to hear that he even had other workouts, . . . and now you see, . . .I'm going to have to get them. How is his cueing? How long are the workouts? In the Advanced DVD I had he had some combination punches that were so fast I couldn't keep up. Is it an advanced workout? Do tell. Do tell.

There "Aerobox" workouts by Olajide: one with Kathy Smith, that has jumprope sections (which you could do on a rebounder instead of the floor to reduce the impact) and one where he is alone (that's been renamed something like Aerobox Round 1) where you basically just do punches.

I have three of his workouts: the Aerobox with Kathy Smith (now on a DVD with her Kickboxing workout), his solo Aerobox, and the Savage and Serene (which I've only previewed). I LOVE hitting hard and fast with Olajide.

A heads up on the S&S workout: he apparently is going commando under his shorts--as is clear when he's jumproping.

Yup, I have the Kathy Smith one. She irks the heck outta me, too. So that could be part of the prob. I think if I took it outside where I could use a real jump rope it would be fun. Jumping rope just for fun normally doesn't bug me. I think I was bored with the workout and just not into it, so any little annoying thing was going to be a reason not to like it. Tomorrow is a cardio day, I may have to dig it out, shake off the spiders and give it another go.

Nan

Ha Ha. I started off with Kathy Smith, way back in 1998. I remember her co-star...I didn't really care for it. I've never been fond with w/o with male artists for some reason. I have done my share of Tae Bo though!

I like him too, he cracks me up in his Ab video. But I have too many workouts and selling this one, if anyone is interested.

Laura, . . you are always finding ways to make me spend money!! :)
I actually bought a Michael Olajide DVD produced by Everlast it is a beginner and advanced DVD almost a year ago that I bought at a store called Restoration for $2.99 and I love them. It really teaches you everything about boxing. The only thing is that unless you have the speed bag, and heavy bag you miss a lot of the workout. I don't have a dedicated space for my workout stuff. My poor family has to live with me working out in the living room. I was shocked to hear that he even had other workouts, . . . and now you see, . . .I'm going to have to get them. How is his cueing? How long are the workouts? In the Advanced DVD I had he had some combination punches that were so fast I couldn't keep up. Is it an advanced workout? Do tell. Do tell.

Janie, I saw those Everlast DVDs at Restoration--how are they? I considered buying them b/c they were so darn cheap, but the product description wasn't clear & I wasn't sure if it was an instructional DVD or an actual workout. Please 'splain! :p

His cuing is nonexistent, but that's OK b/c the workout itself is very basic. If I remember correctly he only uses jab, cross, hook & upper in various combos. The leg work is really just squatting for like 5 minutes straight. They're both incredibly simple, straightforward DVDs, I think very male-centric. ;)

Anyway, both boxing workouts are about 30 minutes. I liked S&S better b/c he goes super-fast w/the combos in A1 when he puts them all together, & I found myself flailing away as if I was trying to swat mosquitoes instead of throw punches. :D It was actually pretty damn funny to see. But I suspect once I do get the combos down I'll like A1 better.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.