Just Did My First Cardio Coach

1gruntgal

Cathlete
Do you think I'll stop sweating before work tomorrow?
I did Workout 1 w/the 3rd challenge b/c I'm a sucker!
thud.gif

drinking_water.gif

PS - Allow more than 1/2 hour after dinner before attempting next time!

Welcome to Cardio Coach Land!!!!!

cheerleaders.gif
woowoo.gif

Oh dear, we should've warned you -- lol!!

But don't feel bad. I just finished V5 and I'm sweating buckets myself... and I'm just a little green around the gills.

Welcome to Cardio Coach Land!!!!!

But don't feel bad. I just finished V5 and I'm sweating buckets myself... and I'm just a little green around the gills.

I did Volume 5 this motning for the first time! Loved it!!!

Enabler! LOL

Jess

Oooh! Volume 5 looks fun!
Has anyone had significant weight loss results from CC? I had about a month break from exercise due to potty training my daughter (not so fun but we're done!)
I have a wedding to go to & my birthday is in October. I'd like to drop about 5-10 pounds. I'm hoping this interval training is what I've been searching for. I used to be able to do "steady state" for about 40 minutes plus on the treadmill. I'm looking for that extra boost! I think I found it!

Last edited:
Check out Carola's posts (Hiitdogs). She's dropped something like 2 or 3 dress sizes recently (you go, Carola!!!). I've lost some, too, but my results weren't as dramatic -- but then I'm old and I have the metabolism of a corpse. :p

I've noticed significant improvement in my endurance and health overall.;) :)

I think you could very well drop some pounds. What do you do already? Just be sure that as you improve, you do longer workouts, and always push yourself (of course, as long as you are feeling well and injury free!). One day, Vol 1 will be short and easy :D. What I love about CC is that the workouts push me beyond what I thought I could do. I am getting better and better, can do more and more, and love the feeling. My main bonus is that my asthma is greatly improved. I still feel it, but it does not affect my workouts like it used to, and day to day, I feel much better as far as my lung capacity is concerned. I'm not reaching for my inhaler anymore like I used to, but come fall, we'll see what happens. My allergies are already crazy. Good luck with the workouts and weight loss! And BTW- congrats on the potty training success too!

The only way CC could be improved is if there were a whole lot more of them. I wish they had 50, in all sorts of workout lengths and combos.

Oooh! Volume 5 looks fun!
Has anyone had significant weight loss results from CC? I had about a month break from exercise due to potty training my daughter (not so fun but we're done!)
I have a wedding to go to & my birthday is in October. I'd like to drop about 5-10 pounds. I'm hoping this interval training is what I've been searching for. I used to be able to do "steady state" for about 40 minutes plus on the treadmill. I'm looking for that extra boost! I think I found it!

No weight loss, and I've been doing CC for 3 or 4 months. But my eating's been out of whack for a while, too. However, I have lost inches in my waist, hips and thighs, so all that running is doing something. I only have 1 pair of jeans that really fits well now:mad: But comes shopping:):):). And it has def increased my cardio capacity. Though I was gonna DIE the 1st time, but it actually got better fairly quickly. Now its still hard as heck, but I don't feel as if I will fall over now.

Nan

Ahh! It's so good to hear that I'm not alone! I did Vol. 1 for the first time on my new (hooray!!) elliptical on Sunday, and then Vol. 2 on Monday. I thought that I was in good shape from all my Cathe cardio workouts, but those two CC workouts near about killed me! ;)

They are soooo wonderful, though, and I can't thank you gals enough for recommending them! I think I'm going to try Vol. 3 tomorrow . . . .

I've lost some, too, but my results weren't as dramatic -- but then I'm old and I have the metabolism of a corpse. :p

Oh you are silly!!!!! You are not old! I am gonna hit you upside the head with my iPod if I hear that again from you, Michele. The reason why I am losing so much is because I have a lot of weight to lose. But Cardio Coach was the only thing that got my metabolism going. I had done steady state until it came out of my ears before I tried CC - one workout and I was hooked.

I started CC July 10 and as of this morning I have lost 30.5 lbs and as Michele mentioned 3 dress sizes. I am not on any diet, I just watch what I eat but I don't obsess about it, if everyone has pizza, well, I will have a slice of pizza - I'll just make sure it is whole wheat :D

I did sign up for the Cathe nutrition software and it is awsome, but again I don't obsess about it and there are days where don't keep track of my food but after a week or so, I had kind of an idea as to what to eat.

Yeah, more than 1/2 hour after dinner would be advisable :D:p So did you stop sweating, Lynne?
Anyway, welcome to CardioCoachLand!! Keep us posted on how you do.

Last edited:
I did stop! Thanks!
I am going to try vol 2 tonite.
AND I started downloading PP at home during lunch so that I can get in on the challenge. I hope I'll be able to do it by the end of Sept. If not, October is a good goal to shoot for!

Oh you are silly!!!!! You are not old! I am gonna hit you upside the head with my iPod if I hear that again from you, Michele. The reason why I am losing so much is because I have a lot of weight to lose. But Cardio Coach was the only thing that got my metabolism going. I had done steady state until it came out of my ears before I tried CC - one workout and I was hooked.

I started CC July 10 and as of this morning I have lost 30.5 lbs and as Michele mentioned 3 dress sizes. I am not on any diet, I just watch what I eat but I don't obsess about it, if everyone has pizza, well, I will have a slice of pizza - I'll just make sure it is whole wheat :D

Michele -- I'm going to have to boink you on the head, too, lady if you say that again! You are in such amazing shape!! :)

Carola -- Just wanted to say CONGRATS on the weight loss! That is just fantastic!!! Good for you!!

Lynne,

Welcome to Cardio Coach Land. I have all of them, except Press Play and love all that I have! :D I wish Coach Sean would have some news that more are in the works!!

What is a trek

I have been doing CC Volume 4, as well as the volume that Candace spoke on, however when I am looking at which one to purchase next is see that they have fast hills or treks. Is this generally running or fast walking on hills? Also, how big are the hills. I am scared to run uphill -- sounds hard!

Monica

I did volume 2 tonite! Yay me!
yay2.gif

I did, however, think I was going to die on that last hill in challenge 3. I was thinking there were 4 & when he said, "3 down, 2 to go..." I almost peed my pants!

Monica, they describe a trek as a steady level 3 pace w/a good amount of resistance. So, you keep your pace throughout @ whatever you would consider a level 3 & then raise the resistance & lower at the end.

I am a stepper and a walker. Which cardio coaches are the best for walking? I thought it might be 3 or 6? I'd love to try and use them.
Ellen

When you say stepper, do you mean like on a stepmill or stepping machine or a Cathe step sort of thing?? I love the stepmill so much that I bought one for my home. If you are referring to something like that, I can comment. I don't care for stepping machines with the different motion so can't comment on those. I use the stepmill exclusively on vol's 1,2 and 3. Haven't worked up to more than that. However, I also have a treadmill and arc trainer and will use, for instance, the TM and SM together on the longer workouts, just splitting the challenges up for whatever machine I want to do. Hope this helps! If you do use the stepmill, I will be happy to provide more detailed info. Coach Sean also often uses a stepmill when he does the workouts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.