Jury duty sucked the life out of me!

bethmeira

Cathlete
I think this is the only time I would have prefered to be at work. Not that I don't think Jury duty is important, but that it is so damned boring. I'm just thankful it is over! Now I just need a little bit of energy to do a CTX tape. :)

Beth

I did jury duty back in the summer of 1998, just after I left my old job and was preparing to go to paralegal school. I've gotta say that the 2.5 days I spent in the holding pen, waiting for my name to be called, was like death on a cracker. However, I was impaneled on a fairly serious 4-count 2nd-degree assault case, and was eventually designated foreperson, and it was that experience that led me to choose prosecution as my preferred career track as a paralegal.

It's the waiting that's the killer in jury duty; actually hearing a case, as long as it's of import rather than some mickey-mouse dispute, I found quite interesting.

Annette Q. Aquajock
GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-09-03 AT 11:41AM (Est)[/font][p]As a working paralegal in criminal defense law, I applaud you for tuffing it out and not trying to get out of jury duty! Informed, intelligent jurors are highly prized and I congrat you for sticking it out!

Mindi
"Innocent until PROVEN guilty!"

:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.