I've been through MIC.....

Marisa

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-12-02 AT 07:28PM (Est)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-12-02 AT 07:27 PM (Est)[/font]

and I can get through the whole tape (that is with quite a few pauses and lots of water!), but what I want to know is how the heck Cathe gets through it without even getting winded?? I am guessing they might edit some while making the videos, so maybe her & the gang really do take a few breaks as well, you just don't get to see that (although maybe not, because Cathe is so awesome!) All I know is that I have to stop frequently, and when I do, I am dying for air and I am so red in the face that I look like Santa Claus!! I don't know how anyone could make it through this video without taking quite a few rests and without being soaked by the end! =)~

Congratulations. I need to puffy paint a shirt that says "I Survived MIC" and wear it on days I actually attempt and make this video. Cathe's alien leaders forgot to tell her that normal humans do not have energy levels like that. They didn't do a very good job training her to be an undercover Earthling. Sure, her disguise is cute and believable, but no mortal could do that many airborn jumps and talk, and cue, and keep good form. That is why she is the Best!

jillybean.................

YES! I KNEW I wasn't the only one to figure out Cathe wasn't of this planet! :)

I wasn't going to mention it, but I actually did (attempted) MIC hi/lo last night. Somehow I "thought" I had all this energy and was looking for a short cardio to do just prior to dinner. Well, I let Billy Blanks lull me into a false sense of security as I'd done Tae Bo that morning and had such a "rush" that I wanted something equally exhilarating, so I threw on MIC!
I actually did better than before. I didn't have to "jog in place" until they hit the first set of scissors. My legs REFUSED to do a scissor motion! My calves were all but spewing veins and capillaries through the skin they were so tight, but I jogged through it until she moved on to "whatever" followed! (You could offer me a million bucks right now and I STILL couldn't tell you what came next! I'm just not in my right mind by the high impact portion!)
However, I did make some observations!
1. Aerobics has it's strength and endurance catagories just like strength training does!
-strength: plyo-jacks, plyo-heel digs, power hops, plyo-scissors

-endurance: air born jumps, scissors, bell hops, ski hops, high kicks, leaps, and let us not forget the "tuck jumps!"

and during the plyo-heel digs it occurs to me that "these are the easiest things I've done for about 10minutes now!" It further occurs to me that plyo anything is always easier for me, and I figure it's because they take leg power, and my legs are strong so that's why I never complain about plyo moves.
But, the other moves would be "endurance" which ALWAYS gives me trouble. I do endurance, but it wears me out more than strength!

Thoughts?

Donna

Fitness~ it's a journey, not a race!

p.s. Oh, I did make it through the hi/lo, it's still ugly, and I still have to jog in place during 2 parts, one of which was the scissors, the other being the 1/2 the air born jumps, but I WILL master this video if it kills me (literally!).

RE: Fun MIC variations:

Do the warm-up and hi/lo segment from MIC, and then switch to the CTX hi/lo segment from 10-10-10;

OR

Warm-up and hi/lo segment from MIC, then switch to the hi/lo segments from Circuit Max, fast-forwarding through the first resistance interval between the two hi/lo segments;

OR

Warm-up and hi/lo segment MIC, then the step-interval segment from CTX Step & Intervals;

OR

Warm-up and hi/lo segment from MIC, then any three intervals from I-Max (especially convenient if you're On The DVD and don't feel like switching discs out).

Obviously I'm in a hi/lo renaissance right now.

a-jock

It's been confirmed!...........

Aquajock is from the same planet as Cathe!

Hi/lo from MIC + 10-10-10 or "any 3 intervals from Imax!" (oh yeah, I'll jump right on that one!) :)

Donna

p.s. okay wait~ that's known as sarcasm on our planet A-jock! :)

RE: It's been confirmed!...........

Donna, I do not fancy myself to be as fit (or psycho, just kidding) as A-Jock, however, I tried an idea of hers: the hi/lo of MIC and the 3 intervals from CTX's Step Intervals. I loved it!!! I wish I had a DVD player that I could program because this is my dream:
CTX warm up
CTX hi/lo
MIC step interval blast (just that last bit)
CTX step interval intervals (3 of them)
Step Works last segment
This would be about 45 min and would kick my butt for sure! But it sounds so challenging. I have a feeling that this is a minor intensity compilation when compaired to anything from The Terminator. Careful what you wish for...

RE: Donna -

For the record, Cathe and I come from different planets. She comes from Planet I-Max in the Plyo Galaxy, as Jillybean uncovered months ago, and I come from Planet Swim Mitt in the Pool Galaxy. The Plyo and Pool Galaxies are like the Klingons and the Romulans, always at war but strangely similar and always stealing each other's strategies.

Just wanted those astronomers out there not to get confused.

A-jock

Aquajock...................

You crack me up! :)

But thank you for clarifying, I KNEW neither of you were from THIS planet! :)

Donna

p.s. And jilly, I'm beginning to wonder about you and your planet of origin! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.